|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,178
Master Elite Member
|
No problem Jinx, your situation is so similar to my own that it almost echoes it.
I did a search online in Poland for biologic dentistry and yes, you are right, there is NOTHING in the way of biologic dentists. Now normally I'm good at searching up anything online and I'll keep going until I hunt it down. I was bewildered that there was not even a hint or a tiny lead.
Yes, your best bet maybe to get the bigger filled teeth simply extracted and the smaller fillings removed. Is there ANY hope that even a general dentist will listen to your plight and give you an alternative breathing source and give as much protection as he/she can if you write to them about it? If not, yeah the extraction maybe the only option obviously. It just seems unfair that they cannot cater for you in this regard and understand that it's toxicity but also hypersensitivity to mercury that is also the problem.
you could write/type a letter and I know you're ill, but make sure you emphasise that you are hypersensitive to mercury. Because though general dentists do not like to admit the poisonous aspect of amalgam, they often do take onboard the hypsensitivity to mercury and may then provide protection during removal based on that alone. IF you do not state your hypsensitivity to mercury (and other metals), they may not be so keen to give protection as this then is an admission on their part that mercury is overall poisonous. Hypersentiivity is another story! They won't feel so uncomfortable about providing more protection for that reason.
It's a long shot I know. And in your state, probably teh last thing you feel like doing is putting together a letter to explain it all and request what you need. If you want me to do that for you, I will. I have done it MANY times to dentists, becuase I refuse to see them until I gt the lowdown on what I can expect. So I'm well versed in doing it.
I then print a number of copies and send to more than one dentist (changing the name at the top of course to fit each dentist) and await the best response out of all of them.
When I see what I'm looking for (you may only get one ok response), then I feel more comfortable in going forward.
The offer is there if you want me to give it a go. But other than that, the decision is yours. Though it's an awful one to make. But at least you know that you have everybody's support on here whatever you decide to do.
Your idea maybe the best plan, but if you want to give the other one a go....well it's an option and even if it's a long pointless shot, you could try it before you take the other road.
|
|
|
|
|