Sounds very similar to the protocol I have been on. Apparently recommended by Dr Walter Crinnion. I know that a few people were concerned that I was using DMSA while I still had amalgams in place but my Dr argued that my levels needed to be reduced before we attempted removal. I did a DMSA challange test (before I knew to question this) but had no bad effects however became very ill on my first cycle of DMSA (10mg per kg broken over 3 doses per day) and had to stop after 1st day. Next cycle reduced dose to 100mg 3 x day and all ok for the 3 days. Then Bex loaned me Dr Cutler's book which talks about taking DMSA 4 hourly which made a lot of sense! (keeps levels even in your blood) My Dr read with interest so was decided that I would break the dose over 6 doses per day and take 4 hourly. I feel that the DMSA is working for me but it does affect me when I'm taking it. Nothing too horrendous but flu like symptoms and my thyroid aches! Am going to dentist on 8th Nov to see if well enough to have amalgams removed but likely I will need to wait longer. I know that the consultant Dr that our Lab in NZ (FX med) uses also recommends waiting to after chelation for amalgam removal.