News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Register :) | Help | Live Chat | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Report Abuse
Who's Online
2 registered (Russ, 1 invisible), 722 Guests and 77 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
(Views)Popular Topics
Evolution: The Big Joke 392,769
DOES GOD EXIST? 143,994
Please HELP!!! 120,229
IONIC foot baths 114,044
What Exacty is Abiogenesis? 103,163
Liver flushing is all fake...Its the mixture of epsom salts with not eating and the grapefruit or lemon.. 95,323
Transitions, telling truth from lies 89,614
Ladies!!! Rhogam injection warning.. 89,184
Jesus Christ Our Creator ~~ 87,639
Is the Grand Canyon Proof of Noah's Flood? 80,647
Support Our Forum
Untitled Document
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47047 - 01/30/09 03:44 PM A Treasure Map ~
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

A Treasure Map ~

"In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God." JOHN 1:1

The Bible has been banned, burned, scoffed, and ridiculed. Scholars have mocked it as foolish, Kings have branded it as illegal. A thousand times over it the grave has been dug, and the dirge has begun, but somehow the Bible never stays in the grave. Not only has it survived, it has thrived. It is the single most poplular book in all of history. It has been the best-selling book in the world for years!

There is no way on earth to explain it. Which perhaps is the only explanation. The answer? The Bible's durability is not found on earth; it is found in heaven. For the millions who have tested its claims and claimed its promises there is but one answer--the Bible is God's book and God's voice....

The purpose of the bible is to proclaim God's plan and passion to save his children. That is the reason this book has endured through the centuries....It is the treasure map that leads us to God's highest treasure, eternal life. ~
~~~~~~~
The Inspirational Study Bible
Max Lucado ~
Blessings, Abishag smile
"Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29,36)
"Behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David.(Rev.5:5)-The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev.13:8) JESUS IS LORD!

#61641 - 02/26/11 10:44 AM Re: A Treasure Map ~Let God's Word Feed You [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--God's Word Will Feed you!

God feeds us through His Word.~

CHOCOLATE-FUELED
CAR ~

1 Kings 19:1-8

---
The testimony of the
LORD is sure, making
wise the simple.
--Psalm 19:7 -- angelwing
---
~~Many people like both the sweetness and the energy they get from chocolate. Yet British auto technicians have found a surprising use for this sweet food. Scientists at the University of Warwick have built a racecar that runs on vegetable oils and chocolate. The fuel provides energy so that the car can reach top speeds of 135 mph.

The Bible also records a surprising source of enercy from a food. When Elijah had been used by God on Mt. Carmel to call fire down from heaven, this spiritual high was followed by persecution and melancholy. In response to Elijah's depression, God sent an angel to provide food, drink, and rest for the weary prophet. The sustaing power of that food from heaven was remarkable: "So he arose, and ate and drank; and he went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights as far as Horeb, the mountain of God" (1 Kings 19:8).

Just as we need food to sustain our physical lives, we also need nourishing food for our spiritual lives. God's Word is "sweeter...than honey and the honeycomb" (Ps. 19:10) and feeds our souls. It makes "wise the simple" (v.7) and provides both nourishment and energy for life's long journey. Take time to feed on it.

God's Word provides the nourishment
That every Christian needs to grow,
Supplying strength from day to day
By teaching what we need to know. ~~
----
Read the Bible and allow God to feed you through His Word. bible

ODB/DF
"Behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David.(Rev.5:5)-The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev.13:8) JESUS IS LORD!

#61663 - 02/28/11 09:20 AM Re: A Treasure Map ~Relationships/ Worldliness [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

- fyi

Relationships/Worldliness

--IN March 1995, 'The New England Pipe Cleaning Company' of Watertown, Connecticut, was digging twenty-five feet beneath the streets of Revere, Massachusetts, in order to clean a clogged ten-inch sewer line.

In addition to the usual materials one might expect to find in a cloggged sewer line, the three-man team found sixty-one rings, vintage coins, eyeglasses, and silverware, all of which they were allowed to keep.

Whether it's pipes or people, if you put up with some mess, sometimes you find real treasure. ~~

--Stanley Carvell
--------------
"Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matthew 6:20-21)
---
"But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

"For where your treasure is there will your heart be also." LUKE 12:31-34 -- bible
--JESUS the Christ ~

"Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love Him?" / JAMES 2:5 --

#61759 - 03/05/11 09:58 AM Re: A Treasure Map ~~ Follow Me ! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--JESUS CALLING
By: Saray Young

"YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH. Listen more to Me, and less to your doubts. I am leading you along the way I designed just for you. Therefore, it is a lonely way, humanly speaking. But I go before you as well as alongside you, so you are never alone. Do not expect anyone to understand fully My ways with you, any more than you can comprehend My dealings with others. I am revealing to you the path of Life day by day, and moment by moment.
As I said to My disciple Peter, so I repeat to you: "Follow Me." ~~
--JESUS the Christ - cross
----
Psalm 119:105; John 21:22 -

#65833 - 02/15/12 10:07 PM Re: A Treasure Map ~~ Follow Me ! [Re: Abigail]
Lynnmn Offline

Master Elite Member

God's Word to us is a treasure and the Scriptures are our treasure map!
And the God who knows the future controls the future and the victory will be His!

Jesus says follow Me!
Video

http://www.notafan.com/

#65843 - 02/16/12 01:07 PM Re: A Treasure Map ~~ Jesus: Restorer of Hope [Re: Lynnmn]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

- Thank you, Lynn for the reminder! Yes, our victory is found only in Jesus Christ. ~
---
---JESUS: Restorer of Hope ~
By: Max Lucado cross

Your Shepherd knows that you were not made for this place. He knows you are not equipped for this place. So He has come to guide you out.

He has come to restore your soul. He is the perfect One to do so.

He has the right vision...He also has the right direction.
But most of all, He is the right Person, for He is our God. Who knows the jungle better than the One who made it? And who knows the pitfalls of the path better than the One who has walked it?...So rather than give us an answer, Jesus gives us a far greater gift. He gives us himself!

Does he remove the jungle? No, the vegetation is still thick.

Does he purge the predators? No, the danger still lurks.

Jesus doesn't give us hope by changing the jungle; he restores our hope by giving us Himself. And he promised to stay until the very end. "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

We need that reminder. We all need that reminder. For all of us need hope...

And though you don't need your hope restored today, you may tomorrow. And you need to know to whom to turn.

Or perhaps you do need hope today. You know you were not made for this place. You know you are not equipped. You want someone to lead you out.

If so, call out for your Shepherd. He knows your voice. And He's just waiting for your request. ~~

--MY HOPE IS IN YOU, LORD!

#65929 - 02/23/12 07:47 PM Re: A Treasure Map ~~ JUST BECAUSE HE'S GOOD! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-JUST BECAUSE
HE'S GOOD ~~

Psalm 100
---
Oh, give thanks to
the LORD, for He is
good! --Psalm 136:1

---
Joel and Lauren decided to move from Washington State back home to Michigan. Wanting to make one last special memory, they bought coffee from their favorite cafe and then stopped at their favorite bookstore. There they picked up two bumper stickers with a favorite motto of the town they were saying goodbye to: "Its an Edmonds kind of day."

After 2 weeks and a 3,000-mile drive, they entered Michigan. Wanting to celebrate their arrival, they stopped and asked about where to find a restaurant. Although they had to backtrack a few miles, they found a quaint little cafe. Their waitress, excited to learn they were from her home state of Washington, asked,"What city?" "Edmonds," they replied. "That's where I'm from!" she said. Wanting to share the joy, Joel got their extra bumper sticker from the car and handed it to her. Amazingly, the sticker was from her mother's store! wow It had gone from her mom's hands to theirs, across 3,000 miles, to her hands.

Mere coincidence? Or were these experiences good gifts orchestrated by a good God who loves to encourage His children? Proverbs tells us, "A man's steps are directed by the LORD" (20:24 NIV). In response, let's "bless His name. For the LORD is good" (Ps. 100:4-5)
---
-Every good gift comes from the Father!
--ODB/AC

#66012 - 03/01/12 03:28 PM Re: A Treasure Map ~~ IN THIS VERY ROOM [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-IN THIS
VERY ROOM ~~

-John 20:19-29
---
Jesus came, the doors
being shut, and stood
in the midst, and
said, "Peace to you!"
--John 20:26

--
AT our church we often sing the beautiful song by Ron and Carol Harris: "In This Very Room." It begins, "In this very room there's quite enough love for one like me." This song reminds me that although there is great encouragement in gathering with other Christians for worship, the important thing is that Christ is present. But it goes beyond that. He is with us not just at church but in every room of our lives.

I wonder where you're reading this--a kitchen, a prison cell, a military post? Perhaps you're in a hospital or a courtroom. It may be a room that reflects everythng that's right in your life or a place that represents all that's wrong. And you might be afraid.

In the aftermath of Jesus' crucifixion, His followers met in a familiar room. John records that "when the doors were shut [locked] where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, 'Peace be with you'" (John 20:19). A week later it happened again when Jesus entered through locked doors to bring peace through His presence (vv. 26-29).

Wherever you are today, "There's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom, for Jesus, Lord Jesus, is in this very room."
---
-Our loving God is always near--forever by our side.

--ODB/DM

#66859 - 04/28/12 10:08 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ What Heaven Holds [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-What Heaven Holds-

"There is joy in the presence of the angels of God when one sinner changes his heart and life,(repents)." (Luke 15:10)- bible

--Why do Jesus and his angels rejoice over one repenting sinner? Can they see something we can't? Do they know something we don't? Absolutely. They know what heaven holds...

Heaven is populated by those who let God change them. Arguments will cease, for jealousy won't exist. Suspicions won't surface, for there will be no secrets. Every sin is gone. Every insecurity is forgotten. Every fear is past. Pure wheat. No weeds. Pure gold. No alloy. Pure love. No lust. Pure hope. No fear. No wonder the angels rejoice when one sinner repents; they know another work of art will soon grace the gallery of God. They know what heaven holds!

--Just Like Jesus
-Max Lucado / I am going to that city, "Where the Roses Never Fade." I will see Jesus!
-

#67480 - 06/20/12 09:29 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ My WordS Will Never Pass Away! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." --Luke 21:33

Does the Bible still have relevance for your life today? You bet! bible

According to our Scripture verse today, not one jot, one tittle, one mark, one abbreviation point...not one word will pass away!

God's Word is infallible. In all that it teaches and all it affirms, it is correct and right and perfect for any time period. And the Word of God is inerrant. There are no errors in the Scripture. Can you imagine a perfect, pure God breathing out error? Certainly not! God's Word is accurate!

So when you deny the authority of Scripture, you deny the authority of God. It's as simple as that. And in effect, when you deny the authority of Scripture, you deny the work of the Holy Spirit in giving us the Scriptures and you even defame the deity of Jesus Christ, who is described in the Bible as the incarnate Word of God. His very name is the Word of God!

You see, the Word of God and the God of the Word are inseparable. You cannot separate God from His Word. Even Jesus came believing and teaching and preaching the Word of God, affirming the Old Testament and proclaiming the new and the living way of salvation.

That's why you can trust the Bible through and through for your life today. From the very beginning of Genesis when God created the heavens and the earth until the closing chapters of the Revelation, we have the Word of God...consistent, clear, and concise...telling us how to go to heaven, how to know Jesus Christ, how to experience eternal life, how to know and worship God.

This is the Word of God! And you can trust it as your ultimate authority of life and truth for today.

-READ GOD'S WORD TODAY WITH ASSURANCE
IN IT'S POWER AND AUTHORITY! GOD NEVER CHANGES. NEVER!

-JESUS CHRIST, THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER! ----(Heb.13:8)

#67481 - 06/20/12 10:26 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ JESUS SAVES! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--JESUS SAVES!

"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him." --1 John 4:4 cross

Jesus came to earth for one reason: to save YOU!

He came to be the Savior of your heart and mine. And why do you and I need a Savior? Because we've all sinned and we're all lost!

Now, I know this isn't a popular idea for our culture today. No one really wants to hear that they're a sinner, much less that they're lost on their own. We all want to believe that we're self-sufficient.

But that's not what the Bible tells us. In fact, if I could reduce the message of the entire Bible down to two words it would simply be, "Jesus Saves!" The Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. This was promised and provided in Christ only.

The Scripture says in Acts 4:12, "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

And this salvation includes everyone. No one is excluded! Jesus didn't just die for a select few. He died for you and He died for me. Jesus came to be the Savior of the world and God's desire is that every man, woman, boy, and girl be saved. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Romans 10:9 says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

It's that simple! So I encourage you...if you've never said those words and meant them...that you would do so today.

It will be the best decision you'll ever make!

-JESUS CAME TO EARTH FOR ONE REASON: TO SAVE YOU!

#67483 - 06/20/12 11:49 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ JESUS SAVES! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Never Another Like the Lord Jesus Christ
fyi
-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands." Hebrews 1:10

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Nobody knows the exact date of Jesus' birth, and yet His birth has divided all of history to A.D. and B.C. He never, so far as we know, wrote a book, and yet more books have been written about Him than any other person. He never painted a picture or composed any poetry or music that we know of, and yet He has been the inspiration of the greatest music, art, and poetry that the world has ever known. He never had any formal education, yet more schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries have been founded in His name than any other person who ever lived.

That's who the Lord Jesus is, and never has there been another like the Lord Jesus Christ!

-ACTION POINT:
Read Hebrews 1:1-14. Marvel at His majesty! Praise His omnipotence!

#67503 - 06/22/12 09:56 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ Make 'Knowing God' Your Main Pursuit [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Make Knowing God Your Main Pursuit!

"That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death."
--Philippians 3:10
bible

What is the most important pursuit of your life?

The Bible says, without a doubt, the most important pursuit for every believer is to know God. Not to know about Him...or to know others who know Him...but to truly know Him for yourself.

This was God's plan from the very beginning--that His children would live in intimate fellowship with Him. He created you to know Him and to find your greatest fulfillment in His presence...and that is still His greatest desire for you today.

In our Scripture today, the apostle Paul made it clear that his primary pursuit in life was "that I may know Him..." Of course, Paul already knew Jesus Christ as His Savior. But Paul understood that knowing the Lord would be a continuous journey throughout his lifetime...and he was passionate that his relationship with Christ would grow closer every day.

As you know, all relationships take time. You can't meet someone once, or just spend time with them occasionally, and claim that you truly know that person. There is trememdous depth in a person's heart, and it often takes years of relationship to connect and understand another person, and to share your life with them in a meaningful way.

In the same way, it takes time to develop an intimate relationsip with the Lord. It won't just happen. To really know Chirst will require you to be intentional about spending time in God's Word and in His presence...and to make the pursuit of knowing God a priority in your daily life.

When you do, you will experience a depth of relationship with the Lord that will radically transform your life.

I love what Bill Bright said..."Everythng about your life; your desires, your motives, attitudes, words and actions, is influenced by your perception of God." When you truly know the Lord, you will respond to life in an entirely different way!

So let me ask you today...what are you pursuing in life? Are you seeking to truly know the Lord...or is this an area that needs greater priority in your life? I pray that you will make knowing the Lord your greatest pursuit in life, and in doing so, experience the abundant life He has for you!

-MAKE GETTING TO KNOW GOD A PRIORITY TODAY
THROUGH PRAYER AND BIBLE STUDY.

--Jack Graham

#67510 - 06/22/12 11:00 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ Do You Trust Him? [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Do You Trust Him?

The sky is dark. Sudden waves of water tilt up our sailing vessel until we see nothing but sky and then downward until we see nothing but blue. I learned this about sailing: there is nothing swell about a swell!

Eyes turned first to the thunderclouds, then to the captain. We looked to him. He was deliberate and decisive. He told some of us where to sit, others what to do, and all of us to hang on. And we did what he said. Why? We knew he knew best.

Such winds test our trust in the Captain. Does God know what he’s doing? Why did He allow the storm? The conditions worsen, and his instructions perplex. How do you respond? Can you say about God what I said about our captain?

I know God knows what’s best. cross I know I don’t. I know Jesus cares. Do you trust Him?

“Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10″

-By: Max Lucado
-Beloved Christians, as we travel through this earthly pilgrimage, let's always remember, "I Am Not Ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

#67622 - 07/02/12 08:00 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ What You Were and Are! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-What You Were and Are!
-1 Peter 2:9-12

"That is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:11)

What a powerful argument for personal holiness summed up in these words: "You are not the person you once were; so do not live as you once lived." That is essentially what Paul is saying.

In the preceding verses Paul describes the lifestyle of the ungodly and then adds this profound reminder: "That is what some of you were." Looking back on how much we have been forgiven is simply staggering. Knowing what we were makes us immensely thankful for what we now are.

And praise God for the next little word in the passage--one of the most important in Scripture--the word "but." That is what you once were, but... something has happened to change you. Paul says you were washed (your sins no longer mark you), sanctified (made holy) and justified (declared blameless). This radical change surpasses anykind of cleaning we ourselves could accomplish. Christ has made us what we are!

That radical change took place in my life when I received Christ as my Savior. I am not the person I once was, I thank Him for it!
---
"Lord, help me when I slip back into my old style of living. Help me know the enormous difference You have made in my life." prayer

#67819 - 07/20/12 09:48 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ God Is Enough! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-God is Enough

Let’s face it–anxiety or worry have no advantages! They ruin our health, rob us of joy, and change nothing! Our day stands no chance against the terrorists of the Land of Anxiety.

But Christ offers a worry-bazooka. Remember how He taught us to pray? “Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11” prayer This simple sentence unveils God’s provision plan: live one day at a time.

Worry gives small problems big shadows. Corrie ten Boom said, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.” And Romans 8:28 affirms: “Every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.”

Most anxiety stems, not from what we need, but from what we want. Philippians 4:4 says, “Delight yourselves in the Lord, yes, find your joy in Him at all times!”

-If God is enough, you’ll always have enough!

-By: Max Lucado

#67885 - 07/26/12 02:19 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ Charting our Course by His Word [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Charting Our Course by His Word
-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"But whoso keepeth His word, in Him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him." 1 John 2:5

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The word "keepeth" in 1 John is a derivative of a word that sailors used years ago to refer to their practice of steering their course by "keeping" the stars.

This did not mean, of course, that a sailor would not be blown off course or that he might not over-steer. It didn't mean that he might not nod at the wheel or somehow be distracted, or fail to keep a perfect chart. But the goal, the aim, the desire, and the controlling principle in his life were those stars. He knew that in them he could find direction to his destination.

In the same way, John says God's commandments are to be the standard by which you and I chart our courses in life.

-ACTION POINT:
What is determining your steps today? God's Word? Or your word?

#68607 - 10/01/12 08:37 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ Walk As He Walked [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Walk as He Walked

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:6)

The idea of walking as Christ walked can be intimidating to a Christian. After all, the sinless Son of God, Himself fully God, who gave up everything to serve and save rebellious mankind, set an exceedingly high standard. Nothing short of perfection and total sacrifice will do. Nevertheless, while we recognize that we will never fully achieve Christlikeness on this side of glory, we have "received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him" (Colossians 2:6). Let us note several specific commands in the New Testament that describe such a walk.

First and foremost, we are to "Walk in the Spirit" (Galatians 5:16, 25; Romans 8:1-4). The empowering of the Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to "walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory" (1 Thessalonians 2:12; Ephesians 4:1). Furthermore, our walk is a walk of faith: "For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

We must "walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us" (Ephesians 5:2), and since "now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light" (v. 8; see also 1 John 1:7). We will make good use of our opportunities as we "walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:15-16; Colossians 4:5).

We must "walk in truth" (3 John 4) and in honesty (1 Thessalonians 4:12; Romans 13:13). This walk will be evident to all by our "good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).

Such a victorious walk might be its own reward; but there is more. Our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, has said of those who overcome that "they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy" (Revelation 3:4). angelwing
--ICR/JDM

#68688 - 10/08/12 07:16 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ God is the Rock [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-God is the Rock

-Whoever hears these
sayings of Mine, and
does them, I will
liken him to a wise
man who built his
house on the rock.
--Matthew 7:24

---
Jesus told a powerful story to emphasize the importance of building our lives on the solid foundation of obeying His Word. "Whoever hears these sayings of Mine...(see text). When the wind and rain beat against the houses, only the one built on the rock remained standing.

Hearing God's Word is essential, but doing what He says is the key to weathering the storms of life. It's never too late to start building on the Rock.
The wise man builds his house on rock
Instead of sinking sand;
For when the storms of life descend,
that house will surely stand.

---
When the world around you is crumbling,
God is the Rock on which you can stand!
angelwing

--ODB/DM

#68749 - 10/15/12 03:22 PM Re: A Treasure Map ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Soon...But Not Yet
-John 13

"Peter asked, 'Lord, why can't I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." (John 13:37)

At their last meal together, Jesus told His disciples He was leaving. Where He was going they could not follow, though one day they would. Missing the significnce, Peter thought only in the moment and expressed his heart's disire to be with Jesus. I can appreciate his sincerity and absolute devotion. I might have reacted the same way. Would you have, too? Even Paul later wrote that while he longed to be with Jesus, he knew he needed to remain alive a little while longer (Philippians 1:21-24).

As Peter discovered, the truth is that we often offer to die for the Lord when what He really has for us to do is live for Him. Little did Peter know that night, but he had 30 years of Gospel ministry ahead of him. One day he would lay his life down for the cause of Christ. But not yet.

How long you and I have on this earth is known only to the Lord, but today the harvest for Gospel work is plentiful and the laborers are few (Luke 10:2). Death will come soon enough, but today Jesus would have us live for Him.
---
Every Christian wears bifocals, to see both the nearness of today and distance of eternity. Yet, Jesus is always with us!
--KNOW BY NOW/ Josh Wilson / You're Always Faithful!

#68767 - 10/16/12 01:38 PM Re: A Treasure Map --Making Your Own Idol [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-Making Your Own Idol

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
-"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:3

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
What is an idol? A man takes his own ideas and puts them into the work of his hands, and then he begins to worship it. What he is really worshiping is himself.

You may say, "Well, I'm not guilty of idolatry." Let's just see...is there anything that you love more than God? Anything you fear more than God? Anything you serve more than God? Anything you trust more than God? Am I getting hot?

You say, "Well, I give God a place in my life." God doesn't want a place in your life. Then, you say, "Well, I give God prominence in my life." God despises prominence in your life. God demands preeminence in your life. He will take nothing less.

-ACTION POINT:
Is there anyone or anything in your life that takes precedence over God? Confess it and repent of it. Now, put on the throne the rightful Master--the Lord Jesus! cross

#69230 - 11/27/12 11:47 AM Re: A Treasure Map --/ EYE IN THE SKY [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--EYE IN THE SKY

--Psalm 139:1-10

-----
-The LORD will guide
you continually.
--Isaiah 58:11 - cross

-----
-Creating a system by which an "eye in the sky" can help guide cars and planes and boats all the time is complicated. For instance, the Global Positioning System (GPS) that most people are familiar with works because there are always 24 to 32 satellites orbiting the Earth at an altitude of 12,500 miles. These satellites must maintain a constant speed and altitude if the guidance they provide is to be accurate.

Today's complicated GPS is just a tiny analogy of what God can do. God promised the nation of Israel: "The Lord will guide you continually" (Isa. 58:11). The psalmist was aware that there was no place he could go without God knowing where he was (Ps. 139:7-8). Long before GPS, God sat "above the circle of the earth" (Isa. 40:22) and saw everything.

The knowledge that there is someone who tracks you wherever you are can bring fear to those who are trying to get away. But for the Christian, this brings great joy and assurance. No matter where he was, the psalmist was confident that God's hand would lead him (Psm. 139:10).

God has promised to guide and lead you today. He's the best Guide you could have, and He wants to lead you along the right paths.
----
-To avoid going wrong, follow God's leading. ~~

--ODB/CPH

#69451 - 12/15/12 12:18 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ The Road to the Manger, and Beyond [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-The Road to the Manger
-Read | Galatians 4:1-7

-The manger scene captures one of the most pivotal moments in history. But when we see a Nativity, we often forget the long road that led there—not simply the wearying trip Joseph and Mary took to be counted in the census, but also the trail blazed through history by conquering rulers and displaced peoples. As countries erupted into political turmoil or arose with new ideals, God was carving a path to the Holy Land, the perfect cradle for the Messiah.

The route began in Eden, where blood was first spilled to atone for sin. The temporary solution—animal sacrifice—would suffice until God enacted His permanent plan in the “fullness of time” (Gal. 4:4). Establishment of the nation and delivery of the law marked Israel as God’s people; these, too, were steps toward the destination, as was the taking of the Promised Land, where Christ would be born.

As the Israelites turned to false gods, the Lord’s patience waned, and He withdrew His protection. They were conquered and taken captive to Babylonia, where in time, they developed synagogues—local places to worship God. The Medes and Persians defeated the Babylonians 70 years later and let Israel return home. The ones who did brought the adaptations of Judaism they’d been practicing, including synagogues.

Together, prophecy and history reveal how God continued to pave the way from the manger to modern faith. Synagogues hosted men like Paul, who preached and sent letters about the Messiah born in Bethlehem. And today missionaries still use his epistles—and all of Scripture—to lead unbelievers to faith.
---------
-Away In A Manger lyrics
- angelwing
Away in a manger,
no crib for His bed,
The little Lord Jesus
lay down his sweet head.
The stars in the sky
looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus,
asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing,
the poor Baby wakes,
But little Lord Jesus,
no crying He makes;
I love Thee, Lord Jesus,
look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle
till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay,
Close by me forever,
and love me, I pray!
Bless all the dear children
in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven,
to Live with Thee there.
------
<http://youtu.be/vnlhXJbbtF0>

#69701 - 01/07/13 03:18 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ A Gospel of Power [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

-A GOSPEL OF POWER
-By: Gary Wilkerson

The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a gospel of evangelism alone but of sanctification. The power that saves us is the same power that keeps us and we need to walk that out in fear and trembling. We need to learn the weapons of our warfare and begin to grow and mature.

I say all that but I also have good news for you. There is a power available, a work of the Spirit, that is profound, glorious, dynamic! When the Spirit of God comes into the hearts of believers who stand firm in their foundation and
faith, they grow in maturity. A release of power comes in them that heals the inside and closes the door to the outside. I love what Nehemiah, who is a type of the Holy Spirit, says to those trying to gain entrance to Jerusalem.

“But I warned them and said to them, ‘Why do you lodge outside the wall? If you do so again, I will lay hands on you’” (Nehemiah 13:21, ESV).

I picture Jesus standing at the door of my life! When Satan comes to buffet me, Jesus is standing between me and the enemy, saying, “I warned you once. Back off! You are in the wrong place. You’ve started something you can’t finish. You are dealing with somebody bigger than you.”

I picture the power of God on the wall of my life. On the inside I am clean but I hear these things lodged on the outside crying out, “You can’t stay clean.”

But I can stay clean because I have Jesus on the wall of my life, saying, “Who do you think you are, Satan? What have you to do with my son, my daughter, who is covered by the blood of the Lamb, cleansed and sanctified and made holy? Who are you to speak these vile things?”

“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us”
(Romans 8:37).
--- horray
-Jesus has caused us all to be overcomers in Him!

#74925 - 07/03/14 01:56 PM Re: A Treasure Map --/ A Gospel of Power [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

---A TREASURE MAP!

"You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)
------- bible
-Do you truly want to find a great 'Treasure Map'? You can! It's in the Word of God, the Holy Bible. In this Book, you will find the Savior of the world and all mankind, Jesus Christ. We are all on a journey. There are only two choices....to Heaven with Christ Jesus. Or to the Abyss (Hell), with the god of this world, Satan and his demons.

Do you love God with all your heart? Reread Jesus' words in the above text. God wants your total being. Yes, he also cares about your life here on earth, as you travel to get to His destination for you. He said, "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the age."

In order to love God well, think of how you show love to any other person. It involves deep affection, being attentive, developing the same passions, and taking that person's words seriously. However you show heartfelt love to others apply that to your Creator, Jesus, only give Him praise. He loves you so much that He came to earth to die for you so you can live eternally with Him.

Notice His desires and interests, spend time talking to Jesus throughout the day and into the night. He always listens. Whatever He says, take it seriously. Follow His instructions, not because you have to but because you're passionate about pleasing Him. And if anything gets in the way of your loving Him, see it as an intruder on your highest priority. Every day acknowledge his presence. We can talk to Him 24/7's. His line is never busy and his ear is not too heavy that it cannot hear. You will find that you have fulfilled your purpose in life. We strive to be more like Jesus. That is His desire. "Be ye holy, even as I am holy."

We will battle many hindrances as we travel this earthly pilgrimage. But the rewards are 'out of this world!'

'Lord, I want to love You with all of my being--my emotions, my thoughts, my words, my will, my actions--everything. Help me maintain this desire as my highest priority. And help me to love You and to tell others of Your great love. I Could sing of Your love forever, Lord.' prayer ~~
<http://youtu.be/ChsHo4KLUJ4>

#75211 - 08/15/14 01:00 PM Re: A Treasure Map -- + + + [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--ONCE UPON
-A TIME ~~

-Matthew 24:32-44
-----
'The LORD had
prepared a great fish
to swallow Jonah.
And Jonah was in the
belly of the fish three
days and three nights.'
--Jonah 1:17 - bible

-----
-SOME people say that the Bible is just a collection of fairy tales. A boy slaying a giant. A man swallowed by a big fish. Noah's boat-building experience. Even some religious people think that these events are just nice stories with a good moral.

Jesus Himself, however, spoke of Jonah and the giant fish, and Noah and the flood, as actual events: "As the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be" (Matt. 24:37-39). His return will happen when we're not expecting it.

Jesus compared Jonah's 3 days inside the big fish to the 3 days He would experience in the grave before His resurrection (Matt. 12:40). And Peter talked about Noah and the flood when he equated it to a future day when Jesus comes back (2 Peter 2:4-9).

God gave us His Word; it's a book that is filled with truth--not fairy tales. And one day, we will live 'happily ever after' with Him when Jesus comes again and receives His children to Himself.
----
--WE HAVE REASON FOR OPTIMISM = IF WE'RE LOOKING FOR CHRIST'S RETURN. HE WILL RETURN JUST AS HE SAID HE WOULD. WE MUST ALWAYS BE READY!

--ODB/CHK = / LET GOD ARISE! -- Paul Wilbur and Musicians
<http://youtu.be/PrCal6kE-r4>

#76475 - 11/23/14 09:00 AM Re: A Treasure Map -- + + + [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--THE RIGHT
--FOUNDATION~~

--Matthew 7:24-29
-----
'Whoever hears these
sayings of Mine, and
does them, I will liken
him to a wise man
who built his house
on the rock.'
--Matthew 7:24

----
--I'VE got bad news for you," said the builder, who was renovating an old house I had inherited. "When we started to convert the back half of the garage for your office, we found that the walls had almost no foundation. We will have to demolish them, dig proper foundations, and start again."

-"Do you have to do that?" I pleaded, silently calculating the cost. "Can you just patch it?" But the builder was adamant. "Unless we go down to the proper depth, the building inspector won't approve it. The right foundation is vital."

The right foundation makes the difference between something that lasts and something temporary. Jesus knew that though foundations are invisible, they are vitally important to the strength and stability of the house (Matt. 7:24-25), especially when it is battered by the elements. He also knew the hearts of His listeners. They would be tempted to take the easy way, find shortcuts, or do things by halves to gain their objectives.

Other foundations may be quicker and easier. Building our lives on the right foundation is hard work, but God's truth is the only bedrock worth building on. When the storms of life hit, houses built on and held together by Him stand firm.
----
--THE WISE MAN BUILDS HIS HOUSE UPON THE ROCK, JESUS!~~

--ODB/MS --WITH ALL I AM / Hillsong
<http://youtu.be/FMrAafe7Mns>
-------------

#77686 - 04/08/15 08:34 AM Re: A Treasure Map -- + + + [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--Making Your Bible Come Alive

“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
---- 2 Timothy 2:15

Why is it that sometimes when we read the Bible, we leave our common sense at the door? You don’t just pick up a book, open it at random, and start reading in the middle of a paragraph. The book wouldn’t make any sense! In order to understand and get the full appreciation for the book, we read it sequentially and in paragraphs or units.

When you read the Bible, read for quality not quantity.. Don’t see how much of the Bible you can read. See how much of the Bible you can assimilate and apply! Maybe what you need to do is spend a week studying one verse.

In your Bible reading today, stop and ask yourself, “What is God telling ME?” Not “What does this say?” But “What is God saying to me?” Then seek to put that into practice today.
--Adrian Rogers ~~ --/ MercyMe + + + Word of God Speak~
<https://youtu.be/JTY-UKgLlXs>
---------

#78481 - 07/22/15 08:14 AM Re: A Treasure Map -- + + + [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--MAKE GOD YOUR REFUGE~~

--Refuge is a favorite word of David’s. You will count as many as forty-plus appearances in some Bible versions. But never did David use the word more poignantly than in Psalm 57.
The introduction to the passage explains its background: “A song of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.” Lost in shadows and thought, he has nowhere to turn. Go home, he endangers his family; to the tabernacle, he imperils the priests. Saul will kill him. Here he sits. All alone. But then he remembers he’s not. And from the recesses of the cave a sweet voice floats:

--“Be merciful to me, O God!
For my soul trusts in You; and in the shadow of Your wings I make my refuge.” crackthebook (Psalm 57:1)

Make God your refuge. Let Him be the foundation on which you stand!
--Facing Your Giants/ML

#80044 - 03/19/16 12:18 PM Re: A Treasure Map [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline

Master Elite Member

--THE GIFT OF GOD -- LIFE'S GREATEST TREASURES~~

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
--- (Romans 6:23)

-In Christ. That is a small phrase, but it is the key that unlocks the door to the largest treasure you will ever know. You see, all that happened to Christ, happened to you.

When He was crucified, you were crucified. When He was buried, you were buried. When He arose, you arose. Christ acted for you. “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30).

A man is never more secure, until he is in Christ. Someone has asked, “What if you lose your salvation?” It can’t happen to a child who is in Christ. Not only does He hold us, we are in Him. Security is not in a place called “heaven,” it’s in a person called “Jesus.”

--Adrian Rogers~~-/ You Love Me Anyway/ Sidewalk Prophets
<https://youtube.com/watch?v=XH_-AIUBeCE>
--------

Moderator:  CTD