News you won't see in controlled mainstream media.

Register :) | Help | Live Chat | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Report Abuse
Who's Online
2 registered (Russ, 1 invisible), 701 Guests and 142 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Left Sidebar Ad
(Views)Popular Topics
Evolution: The Big Joke 297246
DOES GOD EXIST? 96880
IONIC foot baths 93096
Please HELP!!! 82790
Ladies!!! Rhogam injection warning.. 73966
What Exacty is Abiogenesis? 73960
Liver flushing is all fake...Its the mixture of epsom salts with not eating and the grapefruit or lemon.. 73523
Mercury, Vaccines, Symptoms, Depopulation (MUST WATCH video) 67367
magnesium taurate, WOW 59800
Transitions, telling truth from lies 59363
Support Our Forum
Untitled Document
Herbs/Nutrition
Only The Best HerbsOnly The Best Herbs!
Your best source of world-class herbal information! More...
Mercury Detox
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew Cutler#1 Book We've Found!
"Silver" fillings, mercury detox, & much more. More...
Algin
AlginFor Mercury Detox
Prevent mercury reabsorption in the colon during detox. More...
Mercury Poisoning
DMSA, 25mg.Softcover & Kindle
Excellent resource for mercury detox. More...
DMSA 100mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
One of the most popular ways to detox mercury. More...
EDTA 500mg
DMSA, 25mg.For Mercury Chelation
For calcium chelation and heart health. More...
Vaccine Safety?
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices by Dr. Sherri TenpennyMust for Every Parent
The most complete vaccine info on the planet. More...
Stop Candida!
Candida ClearFinally.
Relief! More...
Saying NO To Vaccines
Saying No To Vaccines by Dr. Sherri TenpennyDr. Sherri Tenpenny
Get the info you need to protect yourself. More...
Nano-Silver
Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment by Dr. Andrew CutlerWhat everyone's talking about!
Safe, powerful, timely! More...
World's Best Vitamin E
Vitamin E wih SeleniumThere is a difference!
A powerful brain antioxidant for use during Hg detox. More...
It's All In Your Head
It's All In Your Head by Dr. Hal HugginsThis changed my life!
This book convinced me remove my fillings. More...
World's Best Multi
Super Supplemental - Full-Spectrum Multivitamin/Mineral/Herbal SupplementThis is what we use!
The only multi where you feel the difference. More...
Understand Hair Tests
Hair Test Interpretation: Finding Hidden Toxicities by Dr. Andrew CutlerHair Tests Explained!
Discover hidden toxicities, easily. More...
GABA
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)Have Racing Thoughts?
Many use GABA for anxiety and better sleep. More...
Pet Health Charts
Pet Health Charts for Dogs, Cats, Horses, and BirdsHelp Them!
Natural health for pets. More...
The Companion Bible (Hardcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
The Companion Bible (Softcover)
The Companion BibleThe Bible We Use!
King James with study notes by Bullinger. More...
Sweet Remedy
Sweet RemedyFood Additives
Protect your family from toxic food! More...
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46870 - 01/21/09 07:02 PM Needed: One Great Savior ~
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

Needed: One Great Savior

All have sinned and are not good enough
for God's glory, and all need to be made
right with God by his grace, which is a
free gift.
Romans 3:23-24

~~The supreme force in salvation is God's grace. Not our works. Not our talents. Not our feelings. Not our strength.

Salvation is God's sudden, calming presence during the stormy seas of our lives. We hear his voice; we take the step.

We, like Paul, are aware of two things: We are great sinners and we need a great savior.

We. like Peter, are aware of two facts: We are going down and God is standing up. So we...leave behind the 'Titanic' of self-righteousness and stand on the solid path of God's grace.

And, surprisingly, we are able to walk on water. Death is disarmed. Failures are forgivable. Life has real purpose. And God is not only within sight, he is within reach. ~ smile
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the Eye of the Storm
Max Lucado ~
Blessings, Abishag <><
"Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1:29,36)
"Behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David.(Rev.5:5)-The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev.13:8) JESUS IS LORD!

#60859 - 01/06/11 01:06 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~LION OF JUDAH [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--LION OF
JUDAH

Isaiah 31:1-5
---
Do not weep. Behold,
the Lion of the tribe
of Judah, the Root of
David, has prevailed.
--Revelations 5:5

--
THE lounging lions in Kenya's Masai Mara game reserve looked harmless. They rolled on their backs in low-lying bushes. They rubbed their faces on branches as if trying to comb their magnificent manes. They drank leisurely from a stream. They strode slowly across dry, scrubby terrain as if they had all the time in the world. The only time I saw their teeth was when one of them yawned.

Their serene appearance is deceiving, however. The reason they can be so relaxed is that they have nothing to fear--no shortage of food and no natural predators. The lions look lazy and listless, but they are the strongest and fiercest of all. One roar sends all other animals running for their lives.

Sometimes it seems as if God is lounging. When we don't see Him at work, we conclude that He's not doing anything. We hear people mock God and deny His existence, and we wonder why He doesn't defend Himself. But God "will not be afraid of their voice nor be disturbed by their noise" (Isa. 31:4). He has nothing to fear. One roar from Him, and His detractors will scatter like rodents.

If you wonder why God isn't anxious when you are, it's because He has everything under control. He knows that Jesus, the Lion of Judah, will triumph.

When fear and worry test your faith
And anxious thoughts assail,
Remember God is in control
And He will never fail.
--
Because God is in control, we have nothing to fear.

ODB/JAL
"Behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David.(Rev.5:5)-The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev.13:8) JESUS IS LORD!

#60860 - 01/06/11 01:21 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~How Great Is Our God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!
Chris Tomlin

-- cross

Your the Name above all names

You are worthy of all praise...

Age to Age He stands,

And time is in His hands,

Beginning and the end...

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

[/video]

#60870 - 01/07/11 09:22 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~A LOVER OF GOD [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

A LOVER
OF GOD ~~

Matthew 22:34-40
---
You shall love the
LORD your God with
all your heart, with
all your soul, and
with all your mind.
--Matthew 22:37
-- bible
---
IN a brief biography of St. Francis of Assisi, G. K. Chesterton begins with a glimpse into the heart of this unique and compassionate man born in the 12th century. Chesterton writes: "As St. Francis did not love humanity but men, so he did not love Christianity but Christ...The reader cannot even begin to see the sense of a story that may well seem to him a very wild one, until he understands that to this great mystic his religion was not a thing like a theory bur a thing like a love-affair."

When Jesus was asked to name the greatest command in the Law, He replied, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment" (Matt. 22:37-38). The questioner wanted to test Jesus, but the Lord answered him with the key element in pleasing God. First and foremost, our relationship with Him is a matter of the heart.

If we see God as a taskmaster and consider obedience to Him as a burden, then we have joined those of whom the Lord said, "I have this against you, that you have left your first love" (Rev. 2:4).

The way of joy is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind.
-- cross
Oh, help me, Lord, to take by grace divine
Yet more and more of that great love of Thine;
That day by day my heart may give to Thee
A deeper love, and grow more constantly.
---
Put Christ first and you'll find a joy that lasts.

ODB/DM

#60906 - 01/10/11 10:44 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Held Safe in His Hand [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

Held Safe in His Hand
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:

1 Peter 1:5 - "Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
-- bible
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

Believers are "kept" by the power of God. This word "kept" in 1 Peter 1:5 is a military term. It literally means to be garrisoned about as soldiers around a fort.

Think of the power of God as a fortress and you are on the inside. Now how do you feel? Pretty secure, right? So many people get the idea that we keep ourselves safe. Friend, He keeps us.

A father was crossing a street with his son. The son had hold of his daddy's hand, then the light changed and the cars surged forward. The father grabbed his son's chubby little hand and almost lifted his son across the street to escape the oncoming traffic. That is the way God holds us.

ACTION POINT:
Psalm 37:24 promises, "Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand."

As you go through your day, place your hand in His and say, "Father, carry me across this day You have given me."

#60925 - 01/11/11 09:30 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Giving Away the Gospel [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

GIVING AWAY THE GOSPEL
--Jack Graham

"The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city,Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its fourcorners upon the earth.

In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him: "Rise, Peter; kill and eat." But Peter said, "By no means, Lord; for I have never
eaten anything that is common or unclean."
And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."-- Acts 10:9-15- bible

When you're a teenager, there's nothing that compares to
getting your driver's license. Your whole life, you've been bound and restricted from driving by the law when, all of a
sudden, a new set of laws apply and you're given freedom.
It's both liberating and frightening!

When I read this passage, I believe that's the kind of feeling
Peter had up on that rooftop. He had been so faithful in eating the right foods and associating with the right people when suddenly, those restrictions were taken away in an instant.

If you continue reading Acts 10, you'll see that this experience led Peter to go to the home of a non-Jew,Cornelius, and share Jesus with his whole family. And because of that, Cornelius and his whole household were saved!

As Christians, it can be so easy to pick and choose who we think deserves to hear the Gospel. But the Good News of Christ isn't meant to be sheltered and protected. It's meant to be given away liberally!

God works in all kinds of hearts and could be calling you to help bring the most unlikely person back to him. So pray and ask him to open your eyes to those around you who need to hear about the grace of Jesus Christ from you.
- cross
DON'T PICK AND CHOOSE THOSE WHO YOU THINK DESERVE THE GOSPEL.
SHOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST TO ALL AND YOU'LL BE AMAZED WHOSE HEARTS GOD WILL CHANGE.

#60996 - 01/17/11 12:02 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Magnificent! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

Magnificent! By: Hillsong

Who compares to You?

Who set the stars in their place,

You who calmed the raging sea

that came washing over me. bible

#61204 - 01/27/11 01:31 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~What Really Matters [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-WHAT REALLY
MATTERS ~

Matthew 16:21-28
---
For what profit is it
to a man if he gains
the whole world, and
loses his own soul?
--Matthew 16:26

--
Several years ago a friend of mine visited an exhibit of relics from the infamous Titanic voyage. Exhibit visitors were given a replica ticket with the name of an actual passenger or crew member who, decades earlier, had embarked on the trip of a lifetime. After the tour group walked through the exhibit viewing pieces of silver dinnerware and other artifacts, the tour ended with an unforgettable twist.

A large board listed the names of all the passengers, including their status--first class, second class, crew. As my friend looked for the name of the person whose ticket he was holding he noticed a line across the board dividing the names. Above the line were the names of those who were "saved" and below the line all those who were "lost."

The parallel to our life on earth is profound. It really doesn't make any difference how the world ranks your status. The only thing that ultimately matters is whether you are "saved" or "lost." As Jesus said, "What profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" (Matt. 16:26). Perhaps you've already trusted in Christ for your salvation. But what about your fellow passengers? Instead of sizing them up by the externals, talk to them about their ultimate destination.

It's not what I achieve that qualifies,
It matters not if I gain wealth or fame;
The only thing I must be certain of
Is "Have I put my trust in Jesus' name?" - cross
---
In light of eternity, what one believes is far more
important than what one achieves. ~

ODB/JS

Edited by Abishag (01/27/11 02:14 PM)

#61212 - 01/28/11 08:37 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Worth a Thousand Words! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--Worth a Thousand Words!
Luke 24:13-32

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself." (Luke 24:29)
-- - bible
A picture can often get a message across better than a well-written sentence, paragraph or essay. The old weddding photos of my grandparents reveal much, conveying the story though the bride and groom are no longer here to tell it. The picture surely is worth a thousand words!

If that idiom is true, we can hardly begin to calculate the value of all the "pictures" of Jesus in the Old Testament. That's why Jesus' two followers who walked along the road toward Emmaus said that their "hearts were burning within", as Jesus spoke (v.32).

Jesus took the seven mile walk to explain to them how all of the Scriptures were painting one picture: Jesus Himself as God's great redemption plan for the world. The Old Testament foreshadows or pictures Jesus in many ways--through creation, various people, rocks, water, boats, trees, sacrifices, the temple, etc. Every story whispers His name; some even shout it!

Those pictures are worth far more than a thousand words to you and me as believers; they are our words of life!
-- - cross
"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple." (Psalm 119:130)

--Haven Today

#61213 - 01/28/11 09:00 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~The Message the World Needs to Hear [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

The Message the World Needs to Hear
READ/ Mark 16:15-20
- bible
Suppose I asked what the mission of the church is--how would you answer? Although the church accomplishes many tasks, its only message to the world is the gospel of Christ. Everything else we do is merely an extension of that primary goal. The gospel we offer the lost is superior to every worldly philosophy. Never outdated or in need of correction, it is always sufficient to meet humanity's greatest need: reconciliation with the Creator.

Although the message is always the same, methods of making it known are many--including the spoken word, music, printed material, and electronic media. But all these avenues of communication require the individual involvement of God's people. It is every Christian's responsibility to use his or her spiritual gifts, talents, and abilities to help fulfill the Great Commission.

Some Christians think that this role is given only to pastors, missionaries, or other people with an "up-front ministry." But all of us have the responsibility to be involved in whatever way we are able and in whatever opportunity God gives us. Not everybody is called to go abroad as a missionary, but we all can give, pray, and tell friends and family what the Lord has done for us.

When you're truly committed to getting the gospel out, God will reveal what work He is calling you to do. He has a place for every one of us--nobody is insignificant or unusable. The limiting factor is not the Lord's ability to use us but our availability to His call.

In Touch ~ cross

#61250 - 01/31/11 10:43 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Him--Just Him [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

Him--Just Him
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
-- angelwing
2 Timothy 1:12 - "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day."

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

I heard of a lady who memorized so many verses of Scripture that she quoted them back to the Lord in praise to His name. When she grew old and began to lose her memory, she could only remember one verse, "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." She would quote it over and over.

Soon her memory deteriorated more, and all she could remember was just the phrase "committed unto Him." It brought her much comfort. Finally she came to a place where all she could say was "Him."

ACTION POINT:
You can distill the Bible down to that one word, "Him." Can you tune all of your life to that one note of praise? Him.

#61275 - 02/01/11 06:52 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Spread the Word! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

WILL I HAVE
TO TELL?

2 Corinthians 5:12-21
---
If anyone is in Christ,
he is a new creation.
--2 Corinthians 5:17
- bible
---
Jim was sharing the gospel with Kerri. He told her she was separated from a holy God because of her sin, and that Jesus had died and risen for her salvation. She kept coming up with one reason not to believe: "But if I do receive Him, I won't have to tell other people about it, will I? I don't want to do that." She said that didn't fit her personality; she didn't want to have to tell others about Jesus.

Jim explained that promising to witness about Jesus wasn't a requirement before receiving Him. But he also said that once she came to know the Lord, Kerri would become His ambassador to the world (2 Cor. 5:20).

After talking a little longer, Kerri acknowledged her need for salvation through Christ. She went home excited and at peace. Funny thing happened--within 24 hours she told three people about what God had done in her life!

Because we have been reconciled to God through Jesus, we now have "the ministry of reconciliaton," according to the apostle Paul (v.18). We are His ambassadors, and therefore we implore people "on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God" (v.20).
-- cross
When we're thankful, we want to share what God has done.
----
There's no better news than the gospel--
spread the Word!

ODB/AC

#61529 - 02/18/11 10:10 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~God of Wonders-You are Holy! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

THE OVERFLOW ~

Psalm 103:1-10
---
Forget not all
His benefits.
--Psalm 103:2
- bible
~~~~
Joyful shouts filtered into our house from outside and I wanted to know what was so wonderful out there. I peeked through the curtains and watched two young boys splashing in a thick stream of water gushing from a fire hydrant.

The overflow reminded me of how God pours out blessings on His children, and how important it is to recognize that "the Lord...daily loads us with benefits" (Ps. 68:19).

Although I know He has furnished countless good things for me, when the car blows a gasket, when the flu infects my family, and when relationships threaten to unravel, dissatisfaction threatens my view of God's blessings--they seem more like infrequent drips from a faucet rather than a flood of water from a hydrant!

Maybe that's why in Psalm 103 David reminds us to "Forget not all His benefits" (v.2). And then, to help us, he lists a torrent of blessings for believers. He reminds us that God forgives all our iniquities, heals all our diseases, redeems our lives from destruction, crowns us with lovingkindness, and satisfies our mouths with good things (vv.3-5).

Today, let's take time to acknowledge God's abundance instead of overlooking the overflow of His blessings.
---
Adding up your blessings will multiply your joy.- jesuslovesyou

ODB/JBS
-----
God of Wonders / Chris Tomlin

Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth! YOU ARE HOLY!

God of wonders beyond our galaxy

You are Holy, Holy...

The Universe declares your majesty!

Yes, You are Holy, Holy, Holy!

#61562 - 02/21/11 10:56 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~With Christ ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

With Christ
February 19, 2011
-- cross
"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:2-3)

The apostle Paul, looking forward to the time when we
shall "ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17),
wrote: "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you" (Philippians 1:23-24).

The fact is, however, that we can be "with Christ" even while still abiding in the flesh, as Paul himself emphasized. This is the great principle called positional truth."Positionally," we are already "with Christ," for that is where God sees us and how He relates to us. He has "raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"
(Ephesians 2:6).

Before we could be raised up with Christ, however, we first had to die with Him. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" (Galatians 2:20). God even saw us as buried with Christ when He was buried, and this is the great truth symbolized in our baptism. "We are buried with him by baptism into death" (Romans 6:4).

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more" (Romans 6:8-9). He died for us, so our deserved death became His substitutionary death, and His victorious resurrection becomes our own unmerited deliverance from death in eternal resurrection life. This is our position now, and our assured everlasting possession then, for we are with Christ, who "dieth no more."

This truth is not only a wonderful doctrine, but as we see in our text, a focus for our thoughts, and real incentive for godly living (now).

ICR/HMM

#62021 - 03/21/11 11:44 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~With Christ ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-"Nothing In My Hands I Bring"
-Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:

"For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
-2Corinthians 5:21- bible

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Have you ever laid your head on the pillow at the end of a long day and satisfyingly said, "Well, I was a good person today, so if I died tonight I will go to heaven"?

If you have, you're not alone. I would venture to say that most people believe if you go to church, tithe your money, and do good to others, that God is going to let you into heaven.

If being religious could get you to heaven, then why was a religious man like Paul struck down on the Road to Damascus and asked by the Lord, "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me?" (Acts 9:4b).

More importantly, if we could save ourselves with our good deeds, God did not need to send His only Son into the world as a sacrifice for the likes of you and me.

No, it is Jesus' righteousness that saves us. And Him alone.

ACTION POINT:
Take stock: What "religious" things are you doing hoping to score a few more "brownie points" with God? This is "works doctrine." Abandon it. Come to Jesus and say, "Nothing in my hands I bring. Simply to Thy cross I cling."

#62022 - 03/21/11 02:09 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~With Christ ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--JESUS MESSIAH ~~ Chris Tomlin
-- bible (2 Corinthians 5:21)
He became sin who knew no sin

That we might become His righteousness.

He humbled himself and carried the cross.

LOVE SO AMAZING! JESUS MESSIAH !

#62109 - 03/28/11 11:46 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~With Christ ~ [Re: Abigail]
Lynnmn Offline
Premier Veteran

Needed: One Great Savior

For all people of all nationalities and all nations!
As long as your blood is red: You Are my Brother or Sister.
All one in Christ!

#62199 - 04/04/11 09:28 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~With Christ ~ [Re: Lynnmn]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-You Need A Savior

“If the Son makes you free, you will be truly free.” John 8:36- bible

Trying to make it to heaven on our own goodness is like trying to get to the moon on a moon beam; nice idea, but try it and see what happens.

Listen. Quit trying to quench your own guilt. You can’t do it. There’s no way.

Not with a bottle of whiskey or perfect Sunday school attendance. Sorry. I don’t care how bad you are. You can’t be bad enough to forget it. And I don’t care how good you are. You can’t be good enough to overcome it.

You need a Savior.- cross YOU NEED JESUS THE CHRIST!

#62203 - 04/04/11 01:34 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Father, Forgive Them .... [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

"FATHER, FORGIVE THEM"
By: Max Lucado
-- cross
The dialogue that Friday morning was bitter.

From the onlookers, “Come down from the cross if you are the Son of God!

From the religious leaders, “He saved others but he can’t save himself.”

From the soldiers, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

Bitter words. Acidic with sarcasm. Hateful. Irreverent. Wasn’t it enough that he was being crucified? Wasn’t it enough that he was being shamed as a criminal? Were the nails insufficient? Was the crown of thorns too soft? Had the flogging been too short?
For some, apparently so...

Of all the scenes around the cross, this one angers me the most. What kind of people, I ask myself, would mock a dying man? Who would be so base as to pour the salt of scorn upon open wounds? How low and perverted to sneer at
one who is laced with pain…

The words thrown that day were meant to wound. And there is nothing more painful than words meant to hurt…

If you have suffered or are suffering because of someone else’s words, you’ll be glad to know that there is a balm for this laceration. Meditate on these words from 1 Peter 2:23 (NIV):

“When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.”

Did you see what Jesus did not do? He did not retaliate. He did not bite back. He did not say, “I’ll get you!” “Come on up here and say that to my
face!” “Just wait until after the resurrection, buddy!” No, these statements were not found on Christ’s lips.

Did you see what Jesus did do? He “entrusted himself to him who judges justly.” Or said more simply, he left the judging to God. He did not take on the task of seeking revenge. He demanded no apology. He hired no bounty
hunters and sent out no posse. He, to the astounding contrary, spoke on their defense. “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”? (Luke 23:34 NIV)…

“They don’t know what they are doing.”

And when you think about it, they didn’t. They hadn’t the faintest idea what they were doing. They were a stir-crazy mob, mad at something they couldn’t see so they took it out on, of all people, God. But they didn’t know what they were doing.

Yes, the dialogue that Friday morning was bitter. The verbal stones were meant to sting. How Jesus, with a body wracked with pain, eyes blinded by his own blood, and lungs yearning for air, could speak on behalf of some heartless thugs is beyond my comprehension. Never, never have I seen such
love. If ever a person deserved a shot at revenge, Jesus did. But he didn’t take it. Instead he died for them. How could he do it? I don’t know. But I do know that all of a sudden my wounds seem very painless. My grudges and hard feelings are suddenly childish.

Sometimes I wonder if we don’t see Christ’s love as much in the people he tolerated as in the pain he endured.

Amazing Grace.
-- bible

#62640 - 04/29/11 06:28 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~Father, Forgive Them .... [Re: Abigail]
Lynnmn Offline
Premier Veteran

"FATHER, FORGIVE THEM"

"Jesus condemned to die by the people He created."

The final instruction Jesus/Yeshua gave to His disciples before returning to Heaven was to be witnesses for Him all around the world..

To the ends of the earth" --- Acts 1:8

Together we can fulfill that command as all of us are called to do just that!

#62834 - 05/24/11 02:09 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~GETTING FOCUSED [Re: Lynnmn]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-GETTING
FOCUSED

Philippians 3:8-16
---
I press toward the
goal for the prize of
the upward call of
God in Christ Jesus.
--Philippians 3:14
---
I enjoy playing golf, so I occasionally watch instrutional videos. One such video, however, left me disappointed. The teacher presented a golf swing that had at least 8 steps and a dozen sub-points under each step. That was just too much information!

While I'm not a great golfer, years of playing have taught me this: The more thoughts you have in your head as you swing, the less likely you are to be successful. You must simplify your thought process and focus on what matters most---making solid contact with the ball. The instructor's many points got in the way.

In golf and in life, we must focus on what matters most. In Philippians 3, Paul describes how that relates to the Christian. Rather than being distracted by lesser things, he wanted to focus on what mattered most. He said, "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (vv.13-14). - cross

"One thing I do." In a world of distractions, it's vital for the child of God to stay focused, and there is no better point of focus in the universe than Jesus Christ Himself. Is He what matters most to you?
--
We live most effectively for Christ
when we keep our eyes on Him.

ODB/BC

#62928 - 06/03/11 06:07 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-OUR NEED TO SEE JESUS AGAIN !

Revelation 1:1-5

"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place."
(Revelation 1:1)
- bible

The Apostle John, now about 95 years old, found his faith tested as the power of Rome crashed on the churches in central Turkey, his churches. A new Emperor arose who demanded that everyone in the Empire, slave or free, acknowledge his divinity.

Those who had made Jesus their Lord could never do such a thing, John included. So dark clouds of persecution released a storm of harassment and death upon Jesus' contented sheep. John was forcefully taken to an island off Turkey's coast where the weight of persecution fell on his aged shoulders. Now, what?

John needed "a revival." He needed to have faith and courage to face the present dark night of testing. He cried out to God for help. God did what He always does when a heart grows desperate; He showed John the only thing that can revive the heart of a disciple. He showed him Jesus, again.

That is true revival--to see Jesus, again. As we are buffeted by the icy blast of trials, we are satisfied with nothing less than a new vision of Jesus.
---
Dear Reader, You and I do not need a new experience, a new insight, a new spirital gift, a new book. We need to see Jesus again!

~~ Haven Today

#62968 - 06/07/11 03:24 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Jesus is Almighty [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Jesus is Almighty
Psalm 24

"...and among the lampstands was someone...dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest." (Revelation 1:13) cross
--
When I see a golden breastplate, I envision a Roman Emperor. This breastplate was not for protection, but was a dazzling sign of the authority and power of the Emperor and the Empire. Yet John wasn't seeing the Roman Emperor in his vision; he saw "Someone" who served God and the saints day and night. Was the "Someone" reminding John of Jesus' words heard some 60 years earlier? Before He was taken up in the clouds, Jesus declared, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" (Matthew 28:18).

Thinking of the wrath of the Emperor falling with fury upon defenseless Christ followers, John must have questioned who held all authority, Caesar or Jesus? Life with Jesus is a walk of faith, not of sight. When all evidence cries out that what Jesus said is not true, a humble child of faith sees Jesus as the Almighty One despite argument to the contrary.

The "Someone" with the golden sash of authority is Jesus Christ, the One to whom all authority has been given. We can bank on that!
--
Walking in revival means seeing through the distractions until the eye of the spirit focuses, again, on Jesus.
--Haven Today

#62992 - 06/10/11 03:08 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Hard To Imagine [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-HARD TO
IMAGINE

Philippians 1:19-26
---
I am hard-pressed
between the two,
having a desire to
depart and be with
Christ, which is far
better.--Phil 1:23
- cross
---
Whenever my wife, Martie, and I get ready to go on vacation, we like to read about our destination, study the maps, and anticipate the joy of finally arriving at the place we've dreamed about for so long.

For those of us who know Jesus Christ, we have an incredible destination ahead--heaven. But I find it interesting that a lot of us don't seem to be very excited about getting there. Why is that? Maybe it's because we don't understand heaven. We talk about streets of gold, but what is it really like? What is there to look forward to?

I think the most profound description of heaven is found in Paul's words to the Philippians. He said that to "depart and be with Christ" is "far better" (Phil. 1:23). It's what I told my 8-year-old grandson when he asked what heaven is like. I started by asking him, "What is the most exciting thing in your life?" He told me about his computer games and other fun things he likes to do, and then I told him that heaven is far better. He thought for a minute, and then said, "Papa, that's hard to imagine."

What is it that you look forward to in life? What really excites you? Whatever it is, although it's hard to imagine, heaven will be far better!

To be in His presence! A glorious thought
So awesome I cannot conceive;
I'll bow down and worship the Lord on His throne
And add to the praise He'll receive.
---
The more you look forward to heaven,
the less you'll desire on earth.

ODB/JS
<http://youtu.be/TK322wVJLNg>

#64916 - 11/21/11 09:10 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Peace with God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Peace with God
-Romans 5:1-2

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God." -NASB bible

Many people in our world desire inner calmness but have no relationship with the Lord. People often seek contentment by trying to improve their appearance, physical fitness, financial situation, or social status—or by abusing substances. But such things can't bring tranquility of heart or mind. Only a relationship with Jesus leads to true peace.

Prior to salvation, we were slaves to sin and living in opposition to God (Col. 1:21). Our transgressions had formed a barrier of hostility between Him and us, which we were helpless to cross on our own. Without God's intervention, we could not have found the way of peace. But our heavenly Father provided the perfect solution to our sin problem. He sent His Son to pay for our iniquities and remove the separation that existed between us and Him.

When we trusted Jesus as our Savior, we were reconciled to the Lord (Rom. 5:10) and no longer at odds with Him. In Christ, we have peace with the Father.

Our triune God has provided everything we need for inner tranquility. The Father opened the way for us to be in His family. Jesus continually offers His peace so we can experience serenity of mind and heart (John 14:27). And the Holy Spirit cultivates the fruit of peace in our lives (Gal. 5:22).

--In Touch

#64959 - 11/23/11 09:11 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Remembering God's Blessings [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Remembering God's Blessings
-Psalm 9:1-2

We are given amazing privileges when we trust in Jesus. Recalling these promises is a good way to maintain a thankful heart, even when facing challenges in other areas. Consider four such blessings:

1)-Christ's gift of salvation. cross No matter what trial we're facing, it is microscopic next to the enormity of Jesus' sacrifice on our behalf. The cross was a steep price to pay, but the Savior willingly took our place in order to offer us forgiveness and eternal life.

2)-Assurance of God's love. The Lord cares for us unconditionally—that is His very character (1 John 4:16). Unfortunately, the storms of life can cause us to question this, but Romans 8:31–39 unequivocally tells us that nothing can separate us from God's love.

3)-Answered prayer. We have the awesome privilege of talking to the Father about anything burdening us—and He never grows tired of listening to His children. Our omnipotent, omniscient God is not only able to help us in any situation; He also knows the best possible way to do so.

4)-A personalized plan. The Lord has a will, plan, and purpose for our lives that He will accomplish if we obey Him. No one is exempt from adversity, but we can trust God to bring good from everything He permits to come our way.

Hardships, temptations, and tests will touch us all, but the Lord allows difficulty for a reason—even when we don't understand why (Rom. 8:28). Therefore, submit yourself to the Father, thank Him for His wisdom, and be confident that He will accomplish His purposes for you.

--In Touch

#65347 - 12/27/11 11:06 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~GRACE-FILLED WAITING [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-GRACE-FILLED
WAITING ~~

2 Corinthians 4:7-18
----
We do not lose heart.
--2 Corinthians 4:16
angelwing
---
Roger lost his job due to the company being downsized. For months he searched, aplied for jobs, prayed, asked others to pray, and trusted God. Roger and his wife Jerrie's emotions fluctuated though. They saw God provide for them in unexpected ways and experienced His grace, but sometimes they worried that a job would never come. For 15 long months, they waited.

Then Roger had three interviews with a company, and a week later the employment agency called and said, "Have you heard the saying, 'Sometimes clouds have a silver lining'? Well, you've got the job!"

Jerrie told me later, "We wouldn't trade this hard experience for anything. It brought us closer together and closer to the Lord." Friends who had prayed rejoiced and gave thanks to God.

Paul wanted the Corinthian church to see the grace of God at work in his life, which could cause "thanksgivng to abound to the glory of God" (2 Cor. 4:15). His trials were so severe that he was "hard pressed on every
side," "Perplexed," "persecuted," and "struck down" (vv.8-9). Yet he encouraged the people not to lose heart in troubles (v.16), but to trust God. During our difficulties, we can be drawn nearer to God and others, as Roger and Jerrie experienced, and praise will go to the Lord for His grace.
-------
There's no better time to praise God than right now!

ODB/AC / YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING! YOU ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!

#65551 - 01/19/12 10:00 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Threefold Deliverance [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Threefold Deliverance

"For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling." (Psalm 116:8) angelwing

This is the beautiful testimony of the psalmist when the Lord answered his prayer: "The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell got hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul" (vv. 3-4). The Lord does, indeed, deliver our souls when we call upon Him for salvation in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, "for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13).

Divine deliverance, however, is more than deliverance from death and hell. "Therefore the redeemed of the LORD . . . shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away" (Isaiah 51:11). "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying" (Revelation 21:4). God delivers us from the penalty of our sins, from death and hell, right now, and then from all our sorrows and tears in the age to come, delivering us even from all the effects of sin forever.

But He also delivers us right now from the power of sin in our lives, which would otherwise come again to cause our downfall even after we have been saved. Many a fearful Christian, afraid that he is unable to hang on to the Lord, needs to know that it is the Lord who hangs on to him! "For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (Psalm 56:13).

Our Savior, who died for our sins and rose again for our justification, promises this. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall (anyone) pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:27-28).

--ICR/HMM

#65555 - 01/19/12 06:19 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~GOD LISTENS! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-GOD LISTENS
-By: Max Lucado
-- cross --
You can talk to God because God listens. Your voice matters in heaven. He takes you very seriously. When you enter his presence, the attendants turn to you to hear your voice. No need to fear that you will be ignored. Even if you stammer or stumble, even if what you have to say impresses no one, it impresses God—and he listens. He listens to the painful plea of the elderly in the rest home. He listens to the gruff confession of the death-row inmate. When the alcoholic begs for mercy, when the spouse seeks guidance, when the businessman steps off the street into the chapel, God listens.

Intently. Carefully. The prayers are honored as precious jewels. Purified and empowered, the words rise in a delightful fragrance to our Lord. “The smoke from the incense went up from the angel’s hand to God.” Incredible. Your words do not stop until they reach the very throne of God.

Then, the angel “filled the incense pan with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth” (Rev. 8:5). One call and Heaven’s fleet appears. Your prayer on earth activates God’s power in heaven, and “God’s will is done on earth as it is in heaven.”

You are the someone of God’s kingdom. You have access to God’s furnace. Your prayers move God to change the world. You may not understand the mystery of prayer. You don’t need to. But this much is clear: Actions in heaven begin when someone prays on earth. What an amazing thought!

When you speak, Jesus hears.
And when Jesus hears, thunder falls.
And when thunder falls, the world is changed.
All because someone prayed. prayer

#65728 - 02/07/12 09:31 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~~Tomorrow/ (procrastination) [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Tomorrow (procrastination?)

"Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." (Proverbs 27:1) bible

The sin of procrastination may not be one of the so-called "seven deadly sins," but it may come close if it involves neglecting to do what God has clearly commanded us to do. Sins of omission may well be as serious in many cases as sins of commission. The Bible warns: "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin" (James 4:17).

To the professing Christian who deliberately goes against God's will, either by neglect or intent, Jesus warns: "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes" (Luke 12:47). This was spoken in the context of a parable, but the message was clear that it is dangerous to ignore God's revealed will.

The principle even applies in the secular realm. "Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow" (James 4:13-14).

The most dangerous sin of procrastination, of course, is neglecting to come to Christ for forgiveness and salvation. As Paul stressed: "Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2). Ignoring God while fully involved in pleasure or business or anything else is at least presumptuous. To the rich man in Christ's parable who had spent his life concentrating on accumulating goods, God said: "Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?" (Luke 12:20).

We do not know what even one tomorrow may bring, so we need to "walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time" (Colossians 4:5). HMM
-------
DRAW ME CLOSE TO YOU!

#65749 - 02/08/12 07:42 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Serving One Lord
-Daniel 3:13-30

"We want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." (Daniel 3:18) angelwing

We tend to think Satan's ultimate goal is to tempt Christians to renounce their faith altogether, to apostasy from the faith. In actuality, he sets his sights on a much more modest goal. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were not being asked to renounce their belief in the one true God. They were being asked to renounce His uniqueness. 'Just make room on the shelf of your heart for another god!'

Take note of the way these three Hebrew teens with great conviction and courage draw the line in the sand. In essence, they are saying, "We cannot permit anything to encroach upon the glory, honor and praise of our Great God and King!" They were faced with an ultimatum: Bow or Burn!

The beauty of this story is that while the young men were wholeheartedly resolved to lose their lives for their faith, the Lord delighted in sending His Son to save them from experiencing even the lingering smell of smoke from the fires of hell. He delights to do that for you and me too. No other god could love us that much.
---
When we walk in the audience of One, be ready; The world will turn up the heat, but the Lord will send His Son!

--Haven Today

#66052 - 03/03/12 11:02 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --We've Been To Calvary!/ Praise Him! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-We've Been To Calvary / O Praise Him!

As the Protestant Chaplain's Clerk at Corcoran State Prison in California, I was to minister to the spiritual needs of any who came to the chapel. Sometimes, it was easy. A prisoner wanted a Bible, and I had a whole stack of them. At other times, I needed to speak the truth when the truth wasn't going to be popular. This was more challenging.

When Paul says that he is "innnocent of the blood of all men," (Acts 20:26-27), he is remembering the story of Cain and Abel. Because Cain was guilty of murdering his brother, Abel's blood cried out for justice. Cain didn't like the idea of being his "brother's keeper." After an especially trying day in the Chapel, I tried to convince the Chaplain that I was just not qualified to be my "brother's keeper." He replied, "Well, you may not have been to seminary, but you've been to Calvary!"

As Christians, we have the priviliged responsibility not only of proclaiming the Gospel to the world we live in, but also teaching the essential truths of the Christian faith.
---
The LORD calls us to be faithful...not necessarily successful! Our job is to be obedient and leave the results to Him. Only Jesus is worthy of our praise. OH,PRAISE HIM!

--Haven Today/ DM (O Praise Him! / David Crowder)--- guitarplaying

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlqU_24ccM&feature=colike>

#66241 - 03/16/12 02:14 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --A Child Listens- /Everything Glorious [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-A Child Listens
-1 Samuel 3

"The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, 'Samuel! Samuel!' Then Samuel said, 'Speak, for your servant is listening." (1 Samuel 3:10)

God places such value on children. Jesus clearly spoke of this when He said, "Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me" (Matthew 18:5). There was a time in Israel's history when God was silent to His disobedient, faltering people. Silent, that is, until the night we read of in 1 Samuel 3. God had an urgent message to deliver, and the one He chose to deliver it to was the child Samuel. In him God found something rare: a heart that loved Him wholly and obeyed Him completely.

"Samuel," God called. Samuel had never experienced anything like this before and thought it was the old priest, Eli, calling him. Three times he went to see what he wanted. Finally, with Eli's prompting, Samuel answered the divine call of his name with, "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening." In that moment, Samuel learned the interweaving of listening and obedience and its impact on our lives.

Oh, to have a heart so eager for God! Praise God that our hearts are drawn to Him through Jesus! Yes, Lord You Make Everything Glorious! And I am Yours!---
Both Moses and Samuel listened to God's call and responded with "Here I am." Jesus responded with "Your will, not mine." (Luke 22:42)

--Haven Today / guitarplaying

#66242 - 03/16/12 03:02 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --JESUS: He Came as One of Us [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--JESUS: He Came as One of Us ~ - cross

Most families keep their family secrets a secret. Most don't talk about the swindling uncle or the streetwalking great-aunt. Such stories remain unmentioned at the family reunion and unrecorded in the family Bible.

That is unless you are the God-man. Jesus displays the bad apples of His family tree in the first chapter of the New Testament. You've barely dipped a toe into Matthew's Gospel when you realize Jesus hails from the Tilted-Halo Society. Rahab was a Jericho harlot. Grandpa Jacob was slippery enough to warrant an electric ankle bracelet. David had a personality as irregular as a Picasso painting--one day writing Psalms, another day seducing his captain's wife. But did Jesus erase His name from the list? Not at all.

You'd think He would have. Entertainment Tonight could quarry a season of gossip out of these stories. Why did Jesus hang his family's dirty laundry on the neighborhood clothesline?

Because your family has some too. An uncle with a prison record. The dad who never came home. The grandparent who ran away with the coworker. If your family tree has bruised fruit, then Jesus wants you to know, "I've been there."

The phrase "I've been there" is in the chorus of Christ's theme song. To the lonely, Jesus whispers, "I've been there." To the discouraged, Christ nods His head and sighs, "I've been there." ...

Questionable pedigree. Raised in an overlooked nation among oppressed people in an obscure village. Simple home. Single mom. An ordinary laborer with ordinary looks. Can you spot Him? See the adobe house with the thatched roof? Yes, the one with the chickens in the yard and the gangly teenager repairing chairs in the shed. Word has it He can fix your plumbing as well.

He's been there.

"He had to enter into every detail of human life. Then, when he came before God as high priest to get rid of the people's sins, he would have already experienced it all himself--all the pain, all the testing--and would be able to help where help was needed" (Hebrews 2:17,18).

#66303 - 03/21/12 11:05 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ---THE NAME! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-THE NAME

Matthew 1:18-25
---
You shall call His
name JESUS, for He
will save His people
from their sins.
--Matthew 1:21
cross
---
Most parents have the choice of naming their baby at birth. But one baby received His name in a far different way. It wasn't His parents' choice that led to His moniker, and His wasn't a name given to coax Him toward a personality trait. I'm speaking of the One whose name was provided by an angel who told His parents to "call His name JESUS" (Matt. 1:21). Why? "For He will save His people from their sins."

No wonder His is the name above all names (Phil 2:9). It's a name that reveals His purpose--to provide salvation from the penalty of our sins. Jesus is indeed the name worth mentioning.

The name above all names
Is Jesus Christ the Lord;
He came to save us from our sins
So we could be restored.

-----
-JESUS: His name and His mission are one and the same. angelwing

--ODB/DB

#66384 - 03/27/12 08:15 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ---The Master Teacher [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-The Master Teacher
-Luke 15

"'Which of these do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?' The expert in law replied, 'The one who had mercy on him.' Jesus told him, 'Go and do likewise." (Luke 10:36-37) angelwing

Jesus was a Master Teacher. Brilliantly He wove together stories and theology, custom and truth, heaven and earth. Our English word "parable" is formed from two Greek words: "para," beside, and "bole," to throw, and meant to put two things side by side and compare them. Using parables Jesus would take what His listeners were familiar with on earth and compare it to something about heaven with which they were unfamiliar.

Imagine being in the crowd, listenng to Jesus, the Son of God, tell the story of the Lost Son or the Good Samaritan. Tax collectors, sinners, Pharisees, women, children and Priests all were listening and responding to the truth in their own way.

People today also have a myriad of responses to Jesus. Things haven't changed much! We read through the Gospels and we, too, can listen to Jesus as He unravels some of the mysteries of eternity for us. "Go and do likewise," He says to the lawyer after telling him the parable of the Good Samaritan. "Go and show mercy," He says to us now.
---
Not everything Jesus taught about was unfamiliar to His listeners. But understanding from God's perspective--through the filter of holiness--was.

--Haven Today / HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!!

#66396 - 03/28/12 09:05 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-His Word Is with Power

"And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power." (Luke 4:32)
---- bible
God’s words, whether spoken by Jesus or written in Scripture, are indeed full of power, and it is noteworthy how many and varied are the physical analogies used to characterize and emphasize its power.

For example, consider Jeremiah 23:29. "Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" The fire analogy is also stressed in Jeremiah 20:9, when the prophet became weary of the negative reaction against his preaching: "Then I said, I will not . . . speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."

God’s Word is also called a sharp sword wielded by the Holy Spirit. As part of the Christian’s spiritual armor, we are exhorted to take "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (Ephesians 6:17). "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

Even more significantly, perhaps, it is compared to light, for light energy is really the most basic of all forms of energy, or power. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light to my path." "The entrance of thy words giveth light" (Psalm 119:105, 130). The first spoken words of Christ our Creator were "Let there be light" (Genesis 1:3).

starBut no earthly form of power can compare to the power in the words of the One who is Himself the living Word of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, for He is actually "upholding all things by the word of his power" (Hebrews 1:3).-(ICR/HMM)

Edited by Abigail (03/28/12 09:14 AM)
Edit Reason: changed font size

#66411 - 03/29/12 02:42 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-WHO YOU'RE
MEANT TO BE ~

-Romans 12:1-2,9-18

---
I beseech you
therefore, brethren,
by the mercies of
God, that you present
your bodies a living
sacrifice./ Rom.12:1
bible
---
"BE who God meant for you to be and you will set the world on fire." Quoting those words of St. Catherine of Siena, the Bishop of London began his message to Prince William and Kate Middleton at their wedding in Westminister Abbey. Many watching were deeply touched as the Bishop affirmed their choice "to be married in the sight of a generous God who so loved the world that He gave Himself to us in the person of Jesus Christ." Then he urged the couple to pursue a love that finds its center beyond themselves.

From Romans 12, the bride's brother read: "I appeal to you...by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God--what is good and acceptable and perfect" (vv.1-2 NRSV).

That royal wedding reminds us all, single or married, of two great truths: (1) God's great love for us expressed in the sacrifice of Jesus and (2) God's desire that we find life's greatest joy and transformation in our relationship with Him. Aren't those the keys to becoming the persons God meant us to be?
---
-We become who God meant us to be
by giving ourselves completely to Him.

--ODB/DM

#66445 - 03/30/12 07:21 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --Alone to Pray- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Alone to Pray
-Matthew 26:36-46

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your Name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. Why do the nations say, 'Where is their God?" Our God is in heaven, He does whatever pleases Him." (Psalm 115:1-3) angelwing

Two thousand years ago, Jesus was on the Mount of Olives, in the Garden of Gethsemane," hours away from facing the Cross. Scripture tells us He was deeply troubled. There are many pleaces we may turn to at such a time, but Jesus turned to His Father. As His disciples slept just a stone's throw away, He prayed alone.

When our hearts are heavy, we can find our deepest peace in being alone with God. There, in that safe place, we pour out all our anguish, questions and fear, knowing He hears. Those are the tender moments when we are quiet enough to hear the Spirit whisper, "Our God is in heaven; He does whatever pleases Him."
---
"ALONE" does not have to mean "LONELY." It means God has our undivided attention. Listen as He speaks!

--Haven Today

#66455 - 03/31/12 12:18 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --HE IS RISEN!! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-HE IS RISEN!
-The most important event in the history of man on earth!
---JOHN 20:1-16 KJV
cross

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, they have taken away the Lord out of the sepulcher and we know not where they laid Him.

Peter therefore went forth and that other disciple and came to the sepulcher. So they ran both together and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulcher. And he stooping down, and looking in saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. Then cometh Simon Peter following him and went into the sepulcher and seeth the linen clothes lie. And the napkin that was about his head not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulcher, and he saw and believed. For as yet then knew not the Scripture that he must rise again from the dead.

Then the disciples went away again unto their own home. But Mary stood without at the sepulcher weeping and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the sepulcher and seeth two angels in white sitting, angelwing the one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. And they say unto her Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them because they have taken away my Lord and I know not where they have laid him.

And when she had thus said she turned herself back and saw Jesus standing and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou? She supposing him to be the gardener saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.

Jesus saith unto her, MARY..., she turned herself and saith unto him Rabboni, which is to say MASTER. ~~ --
-- star
That was the day that changed history forever. The day Christ arose from the grave He conquered death and sin. The truth that began that day has set all men free, for all eternity. All you have to do is simply believe, ask Him for, and receive His precious gift--eternal Salvation!---
Article From: Pacific Garden Mission, A Gospel Lighthouse since 1877 / APRIL 2012
-President, PGM; Dave McCarrell
------
-HALLELUJAH! JESUS IS ALIVE!

#66470 - 04/02/12 09:35 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --JESUS: The Coming King! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-JESUS: The Coming King!

His Majesty. The emperor of Judah. The soaring eagle of eternity. The noble admiral of the Kingdom. All the splendor of heaven revealed in a human body. For a period ever so brief, the doors to the throne room were open and God came near. His Majesty was seen. Heaven touched the earth and, as a result, earth can know heaven. In astounding tandem a human body housed divinity. Holiness and earthliness intertwined.

This is no run-of-the-mill Messiah. His story was extraordinary. He called Himself divine, yet allowed a minimum-wage Roman soldier to drive a nail into His wrist. He demanded purity, yet stood for the rights of a repentant whore. He called men to march, yet refused to allow them to call Him King. He sent men into all the world, yet equipped them with only bended knees, and memories of a resurrected Carpenter...

Let's follow His sandalprints. Let's sit on the cold, hard floor of the cave in which He was born. Let's smell the sawdust of the carpentry shop. Let's hear His sandals slap the hard trails of Galilee. Let's sigh as we touch the healed sores of the leper. Let's smile as we see His compassion with the woman at the well. Let's cringe as we hear the hissing of hell's Satan. Let's let our voices soar with the praises of the multitudes. Let's try to see Him. cross

starOne warning. Something happens to a person who has witnessed His Majesty. He becomes addicted. One glimpse of the King and you are consumed by a desire to see more of Him and say more about Him. Pew-warming is no longer an option. Junk religion will no longer suffice. Sensation-seeking is needless. Once you have seen His face you will forever long to see it again.~~
-JESUS IS LORD AND SAVIOR! JESUS IS GOD AND KING!

By: Max Lucado

#66473 - 04/02/12 12:58 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --JESUS: The Lamb of God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-JESUS: The Lamb of God cross

The annual event always drew a crowd. The priest would solemnly ascend the temple steps, cradling in his arms a lamb. As the people waited outside, he would pass through the great curtain and enter the Holy of Holies. He would kill the lamb upon the altar and pray that the blood would appease God. The sins would be rolled back. And the people would sigh with relief.

A great curtain hung as a reminder of the distance between God and man. It was like a deep chasm that no one could breach. Man on his island...quarantined because of sin.

God could have left it like that. He could have left the people isolated. He could have washed His hands of the whole mess. He could have turned back, tossed in the towel, and started over on another planet. He could have, you know.

But He didn't.

God Himself breached the chasm. In the darkness of an eclipsed sun, He and a Lamb stood in the Holy of Holies. He laid the Lamb on the altar. Not the lamb of a priest or a Jew or a shepherd, but the Lamb of God. The angels hushed as the blood of the Sufficient Sacrifice began to fall on the golden altar. Where had dripped the blood of lambs, now dripped the blood of Life.

"Behold the Lamb of God."- bible

And then it happened. God turned and looked one last time at the curtain.

"No more." And it was torn...from top to bottom. Ripped in two.

"No more!"
"No more lambs!"
"No more curtain!"
"No more sacrifices!"
"No more separation!"

And the sun came out.

The Son of God still shines today, JESUS LAMB OF GOD!

#66475 - 04/02/12 02:51 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --Crucified, Buried and Raised with Christ! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Crucified, Buried, and Raised with Christ
-Romans 6:1-14 (Recommended Reading)
bible

Think back to when you received Christ as your Savior. You knew your life had changed but probably had no idea about everything that the salvation experience involved. You were declared righteous and sealed with the Holy Spirit, and God wrote your name in the Lamb's Book of Life. But that wasn't all. You were also crucified, buried, and raised with Christ.

This describes your position in God's eyes, but what does it all mean? Paul tells us that "our old self was crucified with [Christ]" (v. 6).The person you are today is not who you were before salvation. Your old sin nature has died with Christ, which means that its power over you has been broken. Paul isn't saying we'll never transgress again, but now we don't have to be enslaved to sin. Since we've been raised with Christ, He's living within us, giving us the power to live obediently.

Our Father's goal for us is that we become in practice what we are positionally. Many believers attempt to live the Christian life in their own strength by trying harder to overcome sin and live righteously. However, the crucified life is about a life replacement, not self-effort. Christ wants His life to flow through us so that we become living extensions of almighty God.

Every believer has been positionally identified with Christ's death and resurrection, but the only ones who will experience this in a daily manner are those who are willing to die to themselves and let Christ live through them. Jesus wants to be more than your Lord; He wants to be your very life.

--In Touch

#66492 - 04/03/12 09:21 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --Bad News [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-BAD NEWS
-John 12:12-33

-"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." (John 12:24)

I like good news. I'm guessing you, too, would prefer it over bad. But sometimes, we have to go on a dark journey to get to the light at the end of a story. The period before Easter Sunday confirms that.

Jesus rode into Jerusalem in what we might call a hero's parade. The crowd went wild, hailing Him as Israel's King, the One who'd come to rescue them from their troubles. From all external appearances, it seemed there was great cause to celebrate.

Until Jesus opened His mouth. Almost as soon as He arrived, He started talking of what some interpretted as bad news. The time for the Son of Man had come to be glorified, He said, and that surely would mean death. He had to fall into the ground; the single seed of God's truth was to die, and it didn't seem like good news. John wrote that even Jesus was troubled.

Yet He knew what would happen at the end of the story. And that is where He kept His focus, regardless of what He was to endure. Praise God that we know the end of the story, too!/ JESUS IS ALIVE!
---
-Haven Today

#66521 - 04/05/12 11:22 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --Rise Again! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Rise Again!
-Matthew 28:8-15

"While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened." (Matt. 28:11) bible

I suspect if the women had not been scared out of their wits, they might have thought better about their new mission. After all, how would the disciples respond to such news from such women? Instead, they just ran. EXCITEDLY, THEY RAN!

But then Jesus appeared and met them saying, "Greetings!" There they encountered the walking dead-alive man, touched His feet and worshiped Him. They recognized His authority, heard His voice, and experienced His compassion.

Soon the guards headed to the chief priests with the terrible news of an empty grave. A meeting was called, and a scheme concocted about a stolen body. The elders paid the guards to spread the lie, starting a skepticism about Christ's resurrection that continues to this day.

Out of fear and stubborness, the guards and chief priests responded to the empty tomb with a lie. How will you respond? This will be the most important decision you will face, in this earthly life. May you be filled with and moved by the hope and compassion of our risen Lord Jesus. HE'S ALIVE TODAY!
--Haven Today

#66552 - 04/08/12 11:25 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ---HE IS RISEN! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-He is Risen! bible

-BIBLE MEDITATION:

"He is not here: for He is risen." Matthew 28:6

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
It is a disturbing truth that Jesus Christ literally came out of the grave. You just can't be neutral about the resurrection. If you are a thinking person, you're going to have to face the fact of the resurrection.

Either it is true or it is not true. Either He came out of that grave or He did not. Now which side are you on?

You can't just ball it all up and say, "It doesn't really make any difference. Let's just put our arms around everybody. We all believe the same thing." No, no, no! When you take a stand for truth, you're going to have a head-on collision with the darkness that doesn't want the light shining in!

-ACTION POINT:
Pray for those in fulltime ministry as they proclaim the truth to a lost world. Pray for God's protection as they go to the frontline and battle for souls!

-CHRIST THE LORD HE IS RISEN!

#66596 - 04/12/12 09:45 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ---Real Church Growth - [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Real Church Growth
-Acts 9:28-31

"When the church...was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord." (Acts 9:31) cross

It's an understatement to say that Paul's life was changed from the Damascus Road encounter. His life was absolutely altered forever! So were the lives of those around him, as well as the early believers who--understandably--were afraid to join Paul in fellowship.

Nonetheless, Paul's confrontation with the resurrected Jesus became the primary motivation behind the church growth. His sermons in various cities (recorded in Acts) and his letters to various cities (recorded in Acts) and his letters to the churches far and wide formed the basis not just of a new theology, but of an entirely new life. If Jesus was "really real" to anyone, it was Paul.

For him, the resurrrection was the foundation on which all other decisions were made and on which any life's confidence could be built. It became the shield from which he, and all other Christians, could endure anything.

It had to be; because Paul himself would endure great opposition, imprisonment and affliction. May the Good News of Jesus' life given for you be worth enduring hardship, however great or small. There is hope in Him!
---
God's church throughout the world remains centered on the death and resurrection of Jesus as our enduring hope! Stay focused on the Cross. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith. ~~

--Haven Today

#66610 - 04/12/12 06:32 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ---Living Words [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Living Words
-1 Corinthians 15:1-17

"If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith." (1 Cor. 15:14) bible

To Paul, the resurrection of Jesus was no mere afterthought to a belief system. It was everything. He referred to it 53 times in his New Testament writings. Why? Because, "if Christ had not been raised, our faith is futile and we are still in our sins" (v.17).

It was a reality with more power than all the pagan legends and Jewish laws combined, the very fulfillment of all he'd ever hoped for or knew of from his own history. Yes, it was compelling, but it was no mere story to Paul. It knocked him flat. His life would be instantly different, full of tension, and of course hope, the blessed hope in Jesus.

But because he, too, responded to Christ's love, you and I became the beneficiaries of some of the greatest biblical works in Scripture. His letters remind all who read them of God's power, that the resurrected Christ is the Good News with which we're now entrusted. Paul knew first hand that his hope was not based on a plan or a value system but on the living, breathing Person of Jesus who is with each of us always.
---
-In the risen Lord Jesus we live and move and have our being!
--Haven Today

#66623 - 04/13/12 09:53 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/ Serious Power [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Serious Power
-Ephesians 1:15-23

"...and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead..." (Ephesians 1:19-20)cross

What enabled Paul to write such encouragement in his letters? How did Peter, Thomas, Mary and the others keep going in the midst of so much persecution and struggle? What made it possible for them to persevere in their faith, with great joy?

In crowds, they proclaimed the news of Jesus as if their lives depended on it. In prison, they rejoiced that they were considered worthy of the suffering. In every journey and adventure, every gathering and tragedy, they did not merely complete a task; they lived a life that was overflowing with peace and grace. How could they?

Maybe the better question is how could they not? The God of Creation had personally pursued each of them and gave them the power they'd need for their mission. And that power was like the power that raised Christ from the dead!

When Jesus went to the cross, they reached an all time low. Despair and grief overwhelmed them--until they saw the risen Lord! And when they encountered Him, they knew beyond a doubt that Christ was Lord of All.
---
The more we focus on the risen Lord Jesus, the more we, too, can face with courage and grace whatever hardship may come our way.

--Haven Today /

#66624 - 04/13/12 11:18 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/ Drawing Closer to Him [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-DRAWING CLOSER TO HIM
-By: David Wilkerson

[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

-The strongest feature of true, saving faith is a desire to draw closer to Him. bible
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18).

Why did Jesus suffer and die? Why did He provide justification for us? Why is His perfect righteousness accounted to us? It was that He might bring us to God. It's all about intimate fellowship with the Father.

When Adam sinned, he lost the most precious thing any man or woman could possess: intimacy with God. Sin drove Adam away from closeness with the Father and he actually hid from His presence. Ever since, whenever man sins, he has a tendency to run and hide just as his forefather Adam did.

The reason God so hates sin is because it robs us of His fellowship. He created us for intimacy with Him and He so yearned for our fellowship that He sent His own Son to die on a cross, to justify us and tear down the walls that blocked
that intimacy from taking place.

The power of justification is that it made a way back to God's original purpose in creating man — for fellowship with the Father.

This present world is full of evil, slander, satanic lies, seductions, guilt, fear, condemnation — all of it designed by Satan to keep us feeling unworthy to come into God's presence. The devil would have us hide as Adam did — to keep us from intimacy with God.

We have been delivered from all that. We have a right to God's presence — an invitation to His throne — because we stand with a perfect righteousness before Him. God invites us to the throne of grace because He accepts us as being holy in Christ. Our sin is under the blood, forgiven, and now we have a right into His holiness.

Beloved, Jesus did not die just to take you to paradise.
He died so that every day you could live in beautiful, close fellowship with the Father. --

#66844 - 04/27/12 09:57 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/Christ Became a Curse for Us [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-CHRIST BECAME A CURSE FOR US --

-Through the eyes of Scripture we see what others missed but what Jesus saw. "He cancelled the debt, which listed all the rules we failed to follow. cross He took away the record with its rules and nailed it to the cross" (Colossians 2:14 NCV).

Between His hand and the wood there was a list. A long list. A list of our mistakes; our lusts and lies and greedy moments and prodigal years. A list of our sins.

Dangling from the Cross is an itemized catalog of your sins. The bad decision from last year. The bad attitudes from last week. There, in broad daylight for all of heaven to see, is a list of your mistakes.

God...penned a list of our faults. The list God has made, however, cannot be read. The words can't be deciphered. The mistakes are covered. The sins are hidden. Those at the top are hidden by His hand; those down the list are covered by His blood...

This is why He refused to close His fist. He saw the list! What kept Him from resisting? This warrant, this tabulation of your failures. He knew the price of those sins was death. He knew the source of those sins was you, and since He couldn't bear the thought of eternity without you, He chose the nails.

The hand squeezing the handle was not a Roman infantryman.

The force behind the hammer was not an angry mob.

The verdict behind the death was not decided by jealous Jews.

Jesus himself chose the nails. ~~

#66846 - 04/27/12 10:54 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/Christ Became a Curse for Us [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-His Forgetful Nature

“As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us."
-- Psalm 103:12
angelwing

Recently I was thanking the Father for his mercy. And I began listing the sins he’d forgiven. “Remember the time I…” But I stopped. Something was wrong. It didn’t fit. Does he remember?

Then I remembered. I remembered his words in
Hebrews 8:12: “And I will remember their sins no more.” Wow!

God doesn’t just forgive, he forgets. He erases the board. He destroys the evidence.
He burns the microfilm. He clears the computer. He nailed your (and my) sins to the Cross. He doesn’t remember!

No, he doesn’t, but I do, you do. That horrid lie. The time you exploded in anger. That date. That jealousy. That habit. Spiteful specters that slyly suggest, “Are you really forgiven?”

Do you think God was teasing when he said, “I will remember your sins no more?” Of course you don’t. You and I just need an occasional reminder of God’s nature. His forgetful nature!

--Max Lucado

#66851 - 04/27/12 11:58 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Graced by His Prayers

-BIBLE MEDITATION:
"Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25 bible

-DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Do you ever feel you are all alone when a struggle hits your life?

Tell yourself, "I am graced by His prayers."

Jesus is watching over you, and He is praying for you. The Savior. The Shepherd. The King. The Prince. He is praying for you! Do you feel encouraged? I do!

Just to know that the One who died for me "ever liveth to make intercession" for me is enough.
He lives to stand in the gap for you and for me. What a mighty God we serve! What mercy we don't deserve! You are on Jesus' prayer list! prayer
You!

He knows you. And He is praying you through the eye of the storm.

-ACTION POINT:
Do you have a prayer list? Go through that list today and pray for someone you haven't prayed for in awhile and trust God to answer, even today!

--Adrian Rogers

#66905 - 05/01/12 03:48 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --Jesus Delights in Bless His People [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-JESUS DELIGHTS IN BLESSING HIS PEOPLE

Many Christians think God delights only in chastising and correcting us. Not so! The Bible tells us He takes no pleasure in disciplining us. On the contrary, Jesus says, "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" (Luke 12:32). He assures us, "I'll give you everything you need — because My heart is set on blessing you!"

Nowhere in the Bible do we find Jesus cursing anyone (the only thing He cursed was a fig tree). No preacher, apostle, prophet or shepherd in history ever blessed people more than Jesus did. He pronounced blessings everywhere He turned.

Consider the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5.
Jesus said, bible "Blessed are the poor in spirit. Blessed are you who mourn. Blessed are the meek. Blessed are you if you hunger and thirst after righteousness. Blessed are the merciful, the peacemakers, the persecuted, the reviled." Everywhere Jesus turned He pronounced, "Blessed . . . blessed . . . blessed."

Jesus took children into His arms and blessed them. He blessed those who held feasts for the poor, crippled, lame and
blind: "He lifted up his hands, and blessed them" (Luke 24:50).

It touches my heart deeply that Jesus' last words before He left His disciples were words of blessing. Luke says, “Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures" (Luke 24:45). And then ". . . he blessed them" (verse 51).

At this point you may be thinking, "I can understand how the Lord would bless children, or new converts, or even Christians in poor countries who need miracles just to have food. I can see how He would bless imprisoned believers in foreign countries, miraculously providing them with glorious revelations of Himself. [u]But me? Well, I don't think I ever live up to the light I have received and I don't feel worthy of His blessings."[/u]

Beloved, I hope you understand by now that you will never be worthy of God's blessings. No one earns His blessings. Rather, He comes to us — strictly in His mercy and grace — and bestows on us spiritual blessings beyond our comprehension./

#67071 - 05/15/12 07:46 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior --How Great is Our God! [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-UNCONTROLLABLE
UNEXPECTED ~~

James 4:13-17
---
Instead you ought
to say, "If the Lord
wills, we shall live
and do this or that."
---James 4:15
angelwing
--
Life is full of surprises--some of which take life in unwelcome directions. I still remember the shockwave that hit our family several decades ago when my father lost his job through no fault of his own. With a house full of kids to feed, it was a jarring blow. But as certainly as Dad's job loss was beyond his control and unexpected, he still knew he could trust God for his future.

As Jesus' followers, we must recognize that there are things in life that are the "uncontrollable unexpected," as I call them. To help us in those moments, James 4:13-15 offers this wisdom: "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit', whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow...Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.'" The people to whom James was writing were making plans while excluding God's prerogative to direct their lives.

Is it wrong to plan for the future? Of course not. It is unwise, however, to forget that God may allow some "uncontrollable unexpected" events as He sees fit. Ultimately, all that happens is for the best--even when it's hard to see. We must trust Him for our future.

I know who holds the future,
And I know who holds my hand;
With God things don't just happen--
Everything by Him is planned.

---------
-We must always remember "HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD"!

<http://youtu.be/O7dHBaptPcg>

#67321 - 06/06/12 12:48 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/-Credited to Our Account [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-CREDITED TO OUR ACCOUNT

We will never be justified or accepted as righteous before God unless we stand before Him with Christ's perfect righteousness as our own. cross That is the only righteousness God will ever recognize, so how can we receive Christ's perfect righteousness?

The heavenly Father imputes it to us through our faith. "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works . . ." (Romans 4:6). Paul quotes David as saying, "The richest, most blessed, most peaceful man on earth is the one who understands he has a
perfect righteousness imputed to him — without works!"

"[Abraham] staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God . . . And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed" (Romans 4: 20-24).

This righteousness has to be imputed to us. It is not ours by infusion. In other words, God doesn't just pour it into us. No, it is never our righteousness, nothing we have done or accomplished. It is always His righteousness, imputed to us, credited to our account.

The word impute means "to regard or esteem, to consider, to attribute to a person something he does not have, to reckon or credit to one's account." When Jesus imputes His righteousness to us, God looks upon it as our very own. No, we did not earn it. Christ did it all and He credits it to our account.

This imputation comes by faith alone. We can't work for it or merit it in any way. Rather, because of our faith in Jesus and His redeeming work, the Lord credits the righteousness of Christ to us and we are reckoned as perfect in Him. By confessing our sins and having faith in Him, we stand before God with an imputed righteousness. And it is a perfect righteousness that is of faith and not of works:

star "Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace" (Romans 4:16).
star "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness" (Romans 10:10).
star "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no [distinction]" (Romans 3:22).
-----
We can only come to Christ through the shed blood on Calvary. He died that we might live in and through Him. Jesus is Lord! Jesus is the Savior of all those who call upon Him in truth. The choice is ours to make. You and you alone are the only one that can become justified through Christ, by confession of your sins, accepting his death on the Cross for the forgiveness of your sins, and asking him to come into your life and help you live His Way. He never turns anybody away. "Ask believing, and you shall be saved."
-----
Please do not wait another day. We are not promised tomorrow. Come to Jesus, Just as You ARE! He loves you just as you are. But He loves you too much to leave you that way. We are all sinners saved by His grace. Jesus is the only way to the Father. Say it, "Oh Lord, I Come to You, forgive me, cleanse me of my sin and make me a new person for You!"
-"No one comes to the Father but through Me."~JESUS

#68169 - 08/22/12 03:25 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/-Credited to Our Account [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--ROMANS 10:9-10/ The Sinners Prayer

You have probably heard of the 'Sinners Prayer', the prayer that is said as an acceptance of Christ's sacrifice on the cross to forgive your sins, and ask Him to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior. We repent and He helps us to live a new life to be more like Him. He works with and through us to make us His chosen people. We are 'saved', through Christ alone.

"By Your Word, by faith, Lord ...'That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." --[Romans 10:9-10] bible When we say this prayer of repentance we are "Born Again", spiritually, into the family of God.
------
--Life Lessons /
- By: Max Lucado

God offers salvation to every individual, regardless of ethnic background. Salvation comes through believing in Jesus--no amount of good works can ever be sufficient to win God's approval.
----
He was our "Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (1 Timothy 2:5,6). Who is a mediator but one who stands in between? And what did Christ do but stand in between God's anger and our punishment? Christ intercepted the wrath of heaven...

Who does that? What kind of person would take the blame for something he didn't do?

When you find the adjective, attach it to Jesus. "The LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53:6) God treated His innocent Son like the guilty human race. His Holy One like a lying scoundrel.

Christ lived the life we could not live and took the punishment we could not take to offer the hope we cannot resist. His sacrifice begs us to ask this question: if He so loved us, can we not love each other? Having been forgiven, can we not forgive? Having feasted at the table of grace, can we not share a few crumbs? "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another" (1 John 4:11). ~~

Have you understood God's plan for salvation? God welcomes you with open arms when you come to him in faith. Trust God's mercy and grace, because it brings the joy of a relationship with God. Then share that mercy with others.
~~~

#68458 - 09/15/12 06:21 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/-Credited to Our Account [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

-Life in Christ
"In him was life; and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4) cross

A host of biochemists and other scientists have tried for over a century to determine how life evolved from non-life. Such a quest is absurdly impossible, for the simplest imaginary self-replicating system would be infinitely more complex than the most elaborate machine ever designed by man. Life can come only from life. The first human life, indeed the first living system of any kind, could only have come by special creation from the living God. "For I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14).

Thus, "in him we live, and move, and have our being," and He is "not far from every one of us" (Acts 17:28, 27). The Lord Jesus Christ is the one "by whom also He made the worlds" and who now is "upholding all things by the word of his power" (Hebrews 1:2-3). The beating of our hearts, the breathing of our lungs, the very atoms of our bodies, are continually sustained by Him. Were He to withdraw His power for a moment, life would cease and all light would become darkness. Even those who reject Him and blaspheme His name owe their very existence to His power and grace.

"As the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself" (John 5:26). Life is "in him"; He alone can conquer death and raise the dead. "As the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will" (v. 21), for as "the first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit" (1 Corinthians 15:45).

Thus, "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:12). Through faith in His sacrificial death and resurrection life, "ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." Henceforth is Christ Himself "our life" (Colossians 3:3-4).

--ICR/HMM

#72000 - 08/20/13 11:09 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior -/-Credited to Our Account [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

---Melting Elements

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." (2 Peter 3:10)- bible

When the atomic bomb burst over Hiroshima in 1945, the thoughts of Bible-believing Christians everywhere turned almost immediately to this verse. There was also widespread concern that man's newly discovered ability might get out of control and cause all "the elements to melt with fervent heat"! Seemingly, Peter had prophetically anticipated, 1,900 years in advance, the modern discovery of nuclear fission.

In this verse, the word "elements" means fundamental parts and could appropriately be applied to the basic elements of which matter is composed. The word for "melt" is usually translated "unloose," and this also is appropriate to describe atomic disintegration.

There is still widespread fear of a nuclear holocaust. The words of our text refer, however, not to something man will do, but to God's coming great purging of the very dust of the earth and all the age-long effects of sin and the Curse. At the very end of this present age, when the mighty Creator appears on His "Great White Judgment Throne", the ineffable glory of His countenance will cause the earth and its atmospheric heaven to flee away, "and there was found no place for them" (Revelation 20:11).

"Nevertheless, we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness" (2 Peter 3:13). God will make the earth new again, and the great Curse, which has permeated the "dust of the earth" (the "elements") ever since Adam (Genesis 3:17-20), will be "no more" (Revelation 22:3). This great hope is incentive enough to live now in the light of eternity.

--ICR/ HMM

#72491 - 10/01/13 11:00 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--ONLY JESUS CAN
SATISFY THE THIRSTY SOUL~~

--John 4:7-14
----
'The water that I shall
give him will become
in him a fountain of
water springing up
into everlasting life.'
---John 4:14
- angelwing
-------
IN THE BIBLE, water is often used as a symbol of Jesus as the Living Water who satisfies our deepest needs. So it's quite fitting that one of Jesus' most memorable conversations took place at a well (John 4:1-42). It began with Jesus asking a Samaritan woman for a drink of water (v.7), and progressed to a discussion of something more. Jesus said to her: "Whoever drinks of this [physical] water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life" (vv.13-1r4).

As a result of this conversation, the woman and many people in the village where she lived came to believe that Jesus was "the Christ, the Savior of the world" (v.42).

We can't live without water. Nor can we truly live now or eternally without the living water we receive from knowing Jesus Christ as our Savior. We can drink of His life-giving water today.
--------
-Only Jesus, the Living Water,
can satisfy the thirsty soul. ~~

--ODB/DM
<http://youtu.be/bM0Hf68qsbo>
---------

#72498 - 10/01/13 06:05 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--PLACE OF
--WATER ~~

Psalm 42:1-5
----
The water that I shall
give him will become
in him a fountain of
water springing up
into everlasting life.
---John 4:;14
-- roseinbloom
----
-EAST AFRICA is one of the driest places on earth, which is what makes "Nairobi" such a significant name for a city in that region. The name comes from a Masai phrase meaning "cold water," and it literally means "the place of water."

Throughout history, the presence of water has been both lifegiving and strategic. Whether a person lives in a dry and barren climate, knowing where to find the place of water can mean the difference between life and death.

Our spiritual life also has certain nonnegotiable elements. That is why Jesus, upon encountering a spiritually thirsty woman at a well, declared to her that He alone could provide living water. He told her, "Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:;14).

Like the deer mentioned in Psalm 42:1-2 who pants for water, our souls thirst for God and long for Him (63:1). We desperately need the sustenance that comes only from Jesus Christ. He is the source of living water that refreshes our hearts.~~
-------
--JESUS IS THE FOUNTAIN OF LIVING WATER.

--ODB/BC/ AS THE DEER PANTETH FOR THE WATER~~
<http://youtu.be/sa6kplL3wjk>
-------

#72661 - 10/14/13 02:44 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

---God's Magnum Opus

-"We know that when Christ comes, we will be like Him, because we will see Him as He really is." 1 John 3:2~

--WHEN you arrive [in heaven] ....something wonderful will happen. A final transformation will occur. You will be just like Jesus....

Of all the blessings of heaven, one of the greatest will be you! You will be God's magnum opus, his work of art. The angels will gasp. God's work will be completed At last, you will have a heart like His.

**You will love with a perfect love.
**You will worship with a radiant face.

**You will hear each word God speaks.
**Your heart will be pure, your words will be like
jewels, your thoughts will be like treasures.

**You will be just like Jesus. You will, at long last, have a heart like His.~~
inlove

--Just Like Jesus/ ML

#72773 - 10/22/13 10:11 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

---Carest Thou Not?

“And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?” (Mark 4:38)

------ bible
There are times when we have great problems and God seems to ignore our prayers, and finally we begin to wonder if He cares about us at all. There is no need to wonder. God cares about the sparrow, and He surely cares about His own dear children. If there is not some clear reason why He fails to answer (such as sin in our lives), then perhaps it is simply (as in Job’s case) a test of our faith.

When the disciples thought Jesus didn’t care, He rebuked them thus: “Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?” (Mark 4:40). Mary and Martha sent word that their brother Lazarus was deathly ill, but then Jesus “abode two days still in the same place where he was” (John 11:6). When the sisters complained about His delay, He replied: “Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?” (John 11:40).

One day a woman of Canaan cried out to Him for mercy on her for her demon-possessed daughter, “but he answered her not a word.” He seemed not to care, but she kept calling on Him and worshiping Him, until He finally said unto her: “O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt” (Matthew 15:23, 28).

The disciples and the sisters of Lazarus and the Canaanite woman all wondered at His seeming lack of concern, but He did care. He finally calmed the storm, and raised Lazarus, and healed the daughter. His delay was in order to test and strengthen their faith.

Can He not also test us, “that the trial of your faith . . . though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:7)?

--ICR/HMM / WHERE THERE IS FAITH~~4HIM
<http://youtu.be/lcJ-iEnHn50>
-----------

#73207 - 12/04/13 09:31 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--GOD'S PASSION and PLAN~~

"Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path."
--Psalm 119:105
- crackthebook

-~~The purpose of the Bible is simply to proclaim God's plan to save His children. It asserts that man is lost and needs to be saved. And it communicates the message that Jesus is the God in flesh sent to save his children.

Though the Bible was written over sixteen centuries by at least forty authors, it has one central them--salvation through faith in Christ. Begun by Moses in the lonely desert of Arabia and finished by John on the lonely Isle of Patmos, it is held together by a strong thread: God's passion and God's plan to save His children.

What a vital truth! Understanding the purpose of the Bible is like setting the compass in the right direction. Calibrate it correctly and you'll journey safely. But fail to set it, and who knows where you'll end up. ~~

--'How to Study the Bible' / By Max Lucado/ THY WORD ~
<http://youtu.be/gs-aiQ9NZ1g>
------------

#73208 - 12/04/13 10:55 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Living Water [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--GOD IS IN CHARGE~~
--By: Max Lucado

"God's Spirit, who is in you, is greater than the devil, who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

-Satan has no power except that which God gives him.

To the first-century church in Smyrna, Christ said, "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer for ten days. But be faithful, even if you have to die, and I will give you the crown of life" (Rev. 2:10).

Analyze Jesus' words for a minute. Christ informs the church of the persecution, the duration of the persecution (ten days), the reason for the persecution (to test you), and the outcome of the persecution (a Crown of life). In other words, Jesus uses Satan to fortify his church....

Even when [Satan] appears to win, he loses. horray

--The Great House of God/ML=/OUR GOD REIGNS HERE!
<http://youtu.be/5lacQwTYO8g>
---------

#73209 - 12/04/13 11:26 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Rose of Bethlehem [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--AT HOME WITH GOD~~

"If people love Me, they will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them."

~~GOD wants to be your dwelling place. He has no interest in being a weekend getaway or a Sunday bungalow or a summer cottage. Don't consider using God as a vacation cabin or an eventual retirement home. He wants you under His roof now and always. He wants to be your mailing address, your point of reference; He wants to be your Home....

For many this is a new thought. We think of God as a deity to discuss, not a place to dwell. We think of God as a mysterious miracle worker, not a house to live in. We think of God as the Creator to call on, not a home to reside in. But our Father wants to be much more. He wants to be the One in whom "we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28 NIV).
--Our God is the 'Rose of Bethlehem'.- roseinbloom /Selah~
<http://youtu.be/SmjIcpIzHxo>

#73393 - 01/03/14 12:55 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Grace of God / CREATION- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--The Grace of God in Creation

“He left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.” (Acts 14:17)

There is abundant evidence of the mighty power and wisdom of God in the vast cosmos and the tremendously complex world. “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).

But in addition to such evidence of His wisdom and power, there is also wonderful evidence of the grace of God in nature. Although “the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now” (Romans 8:22), laboring under the awful curse on the ground imposed by God when Adam sinned (Genesis 3:17), it has been so subjected “in hope,” with God’s promise of ultimate deliverance from the “bondage of corruption,” and “we are saved by hope” (Romans 8:20-21, 24).

This goodness of God is evidenced in the daily victory of light over darkness, the annual return of spring after winter, and the oft-repeated triumph of life over death. Although individuals die, new souls are born; and always, there is 'hope'. Man must eat his bread in the sweat of his face as he labors to wrest a living from the cursed ground, but God does send the rain and the fruitful seasons, and the food is grown. Though he must eat of it in sorrow all the days of his life, somehow God nevertheless fills his heart with food and gladness.

And all of the labor and sweat and sorrow is “for thy sake” (Genesis 3:17), urging man to return to God for both his daily bread and his eternal salvation. How foolish is the man who receives all these gifts of God’s grace without acknowledging their source. “Despisest thou the riches of his goodness . . . not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” (Romans 2:4).
---- guitarplaying / -- angelwing
--ICR/ HMM / I WILL TRUST IN YOU! /Jeremy Camp
<http://youtu.be/gKMGpf8VeVI>
-----------

#73394 - 01/03/14 03:08 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Grace of God / CREATION- [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

---A Living Hope
--1 Peter 1:3-5

Believers are born into a living hope. However, people who are without Christ have no foundation for their
expectations and desires. Many live with a false sense of security.
They assume that what is important in this life is the physi-cal and material. But there is no safety in things (1 Tim. 6:9). Those who pursue wealth and health rather than God find that their dreams either go unfulfilled or fail to satisfy.

Believers anchor their hope in the solid rock of Jesus Christ. His words are always true and His promises always kept. I'll sometimes hear a person project his or her unfulfilled desires on God and then argue that He came up short. But Christians who make a request and submit to God's will always get an answer—yes, no, or wait.

The Lord does not disappoint those who seek His will. Don't misunderstand that statement. We might feel temporarily let down when something we hope for is not in God's plan. But He doesn't go back on the biblical promise to give His children the best (Isa. 48:17; 64:4). When one door closes, there is another about to open with something better behind it. Friends, the Lord cannot be outdone. We can't even wish ourselves as much good as God has in store.

The best choice a Christian can make is to fix his or her hope on the Lord Jesus Christ. Welcome whatever fits His will for your life, and turn away from all that does not. Circumstances may shift and change, but Jesus never does. He is a living hope who never disappoints.

--IN TOUCH---ALL MY HOPE / Hillsong
-Light in my darkness, peace for my soul, You are my rescue, You never let go. ~~
<http://youtu.be/8fGRQnRWCjA>
------------

#73982 - 03/10/14 07:02 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Grace of God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--PRONE TO WONDER~~

-Psalm 119:9-16
----------
'With my whole
heart I have sought
You; oh, let me not
wander from Your
commandments!'
---Psalm 119:10

----
-ONE of my favorite classic hymns is "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing," which was written in 1757 by 22-year-old Robert Robinson. In the hymn's lyrics is a line that always captures my attention and forces me to do some self-evaluation. The line says, "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love." I feel that way sometimes. Too often I find myself distracted and drifting, instead of having my heart and mind focused on the Savior who loves me and gave Himself for me. Robert Robinson and I are not alone in this.

In seasons of wandering, our heart of hearts doesn't want to drift from God--but, like Paul, we often do what we don't want to do (Rom. 7:19), and we desperately need to turn back to the Shepherd of our heart. David wrote of this struggle in His great anthem to the Scriptures, Psalm 119, saying, "With my whole heart I have sought You; oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!" (vs.10).

Sometimes, even when our hearts long to seek God, the distractions of life can draw us away from Him and His Word. How grateful we can be for a patient, compassionate heavenly Father whose grace is always sufficient--even when we are prone to wander!
-----------
---OUR TENDENCY TO WANDER IS MATCHED BY GOD'S
--WILLINGNESS TO PURSUE. STAY BY US GREAT JEHOVAH!

--ODB/BC -/ 'COME, THOU FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING~'
<http://youtu.be/WIz-NRzl7xE>
----------------

#74059 - 03/18/14 03:22 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Grace of God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

---Pray for the Lost

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

Intercessory prayer in church must not be for other believers only, but also for unbelievers. Many attendees mistakenly consider themselves true Christians, and others are merely curious. Both are doomed for a Christless and hopeless eternity.
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” prayer (Hebrews 9:27).There is still an opportunity to reach them, as the hymn “Brethren, We Have Met to Worship” reminds us.

Brethren, see poor sinners round you
Slumb‘ring on the brink of woe;
Death is coming, hell is moving,
Can you bear to let them go?
See our fathers and our mothers
And our children sinking down;
Brethren, pray, and holy manna
Will be showered all around.
Our hearts should especially be broken for loved ones who face eternity without Christ as Savior. What can be done? Pray. God answers the prayer of His children. We are assured that “the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much” (James 5:16).

What would this serving of manna be worth to you to see a wayward family member or neighbor repent of their sin and come back to fellowship with God? To see your fractured church healed of the disunity caused by wolves disguised as sheep? Surely this manna would be sweet indeed. Surely it is worth an hour of intercessory prayer.
--ICR/ JDM

#74399 - 04/22/14 07:09 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = The Grace of God [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--CHRIST IN THE STORM~~
--Mark 4:33-41

-Why are you so
fearful? How is it that
you have no faith?
--Mark 4:40

---
AT the age of 27, Rembrandt painted the seascape 'Christ in the Storm on the Sea of Galilee' based on the story in Mark 4. With its distinctive contrast of light and shadow, Rembrandt's painting shows a small boat threatened with destruction in a furious storm. As the disciples struggle against the wind and waves, Jesus is undisturbed. The most unusual aspect, however, is the presence in the boat of a 13th disciple whom art experts say resembles Rembrandt himself.

Mark's gospel describes the disciples' vivid lesson about who Jesus is and what He can do. While they were frantically trying to save a sinking boat, Jesus was asleep. Didn't He care that they were all about to die? (v.38). After Jesus calmed the storm (v.39), He asked the penetrating question, "Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?" (v.40). Then they were even more afraid, exclaiming to each other, "Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!" (v.41).

We could also put ourselves in this story and discover, Just as Jesus' disciples did, that to each person who trusts in Jesus Christ, He reveals His presence, compassion, and control in every storm of life.
---------
--GOD IS A SAFE DWELLING PLACE IN LIFE'S STORMS. ~~
--ODB/DM -/ THE POTTER'S HAND--Hillsong ~~
<http://youtu.be/-0ZHdWmOu4g>
----------

#74475 - 04/30/14 11:50 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--How to Show Others a Clear
-Picture of Jesus, our Savior~

--"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)~

-YEARS ago, my family and I lived in West Palm Beach, Florida. There's a fairly large Jewish population in that city, and one day I was sharing about Christ with a very intelligent Jewish girl from New York City.

In her home, she told me, she wasn't allowed to mention the name of Jesus because it represented to them many of anti-Semitic attitudes that had been projected towards them over the years by so-called Christians. They associated Jesus with Christians, who obviously didn't like them. So they never mentioned His name.

I could tell she was uncomfortable just talking about Jesus. So I told her, "You know, Jesus was a Jew". She had never heard that once in her life. I continued, "He grew up memorizing the Torah, would've gone to synagogue every Saturday, and observed every single law in the Books of Moses." From that point forward, she at least heard me out instead of shutting me down.

When we're informed about the Bible, we can help open people's eyes to what it really says and help overcome the problem of ignorance. So know God's Word and help others know it, too. When you're well informed, you're much more likely to find a listening ear when you share Christ with others!

--Give the lost a clear picture of Jesus by knowing God's
Word and helping others know it, too. ~~

--PP/JG
<http://youtu.be/Gt0WluTpFTg>
------

#74521 - 05/05/14 08:02 PM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--THE Only Way to Real Fulfillment in Life~~
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." angelwing --Psalm 37:4 ~~

-THE SCRIPTURES use many different illustrations to describe eternal life because God doesn't want us to miss His message. For example, when Christ spoke to farmers, He described the King of God in terms of seeds and soil. When He talked to shepherds, He talked about one little lamb that was lost, found and brought home.

When He talked to parents, He described a wayward son who went into a far country and then came home to find forgiveness and joy in his father's house. When Christ spoke to the legally--minded, He talked about justification, that right standing before God that acquits us of every wrongdoing.

The Gospel holds the answer to our deepest needs, no matter our walk of life. It's what we truly long to have--release from the tension of our sinful world and freedom from the sin that oppresses us.

Whatever your deepest need is...whatever that longing in your heart is that yearns to be satisfied, your answer can be found in the Gospel. So instead of trying to find satisfactory answers and ultimate happiness in this world, find it in the wonderful news found in Jesus Christ. He's the way to real fulfillment in life if only you'll cling to Him!~~

--FIND RELEASE FROM THE TENSION OF THIS SINFUL WORLD IN JESUS CHRIST. HE'S THE ONLY WAY TO REAL FULFILLMENT IN LIFE.

--PP/Jack Graham

#74524 - 05/06/14 08:34 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior ~ [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--The Lord is My Shepherd~~

-We want to do things our way. Forget the easy way. Forget the best way. Forget God’s way. We want to do things our way. And according Isaiah 53:6, that’s precisely our problem. “We all have wandered away like sheep; each of us has gone his own way.”

Sheep are dumb. Ever see sheep tricks? Know anyone who has ever taught his sheep to roll over? No, sheep are just too dumb. Instead of “the Lord is my shepherd,” couldn’t David have thought of a better metaphor than sheep? How about “The Lord is my commander in chief, and I am his warrior!”

When David, who was a warrior, searched for an illustration of God, he remembered his days as a shepherd. He remembered how he lavished attention on the sheep day and night.
David rejoiced to say, “The Lord is my shepherd.” And in so doing he proudly implied, “I am His sheep. cloud9
--Max L ~~

#74974 - 07/11/14 11:36 AM Re: Needed: One Great Savior = + + + [Re: Abigail]
Abigail Offline
Supreme Veteran

--The Throne of Grace
--By: Henry Morris, Ph.D.

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:15-16)
----- bible
-The Lord Jesus Christ is able to help in every time of need for two reasons. First, as the Creator, He is fully able to do anything. Secondly, He has solved, once and for all, the dilemma of the sin which had separated us from God’s holiness, by paying the price Himself for our salvation.

To do that, He had to become man so that He could first overcome temptations such as those to which we succumb. He could not pay the price for man’s sin if He were not a man, nor could He pay it if He were a sinner. He must be a man, but a sinless man—a criterion no other man could satisfy.

Therefore, He was tempted in all points as we are. This does not mean, however, that He felt a real inward temptation to sin. He was “tested” under the most extreme circumstances to which humans could be subjected, and He always passed the test. He could never have failed, because He is also God, but now all men, and angels, and devils know that He cannot fail.

Thus He fully understands every one of our needs, and He is indeed able and willing to help. As we come boldly to receive His amazing grace, we must first “obtain mercy” (v. 16), confessing and receiving forgiveness for our sins (1 John 1:9). Then, we are ready to boldly request grace to help in every other need. Our faithful High Priest has been there before us. He knows (not just “knows about”) our problems, and is always there to help, waiting for us to come. Since “he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted,” and can “save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him” (Hebrews 2:18; 7:25).

--ICR/HMM/= COME TO THE FATHER / Hillsong
<http://youtu.be/spmb34Q0SZI>
=-------------

Moderator:  CTD